• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Name this ARESTI figure

can anyone describe this?

bow tie question.jpg

Hello Adi, thank you
I was more questioning the numbering.

It looks different to me, I had never seen 4, then half curved arrow, depicting a half roll, and then 2/4

that threw me off.

This is posted in the IMAC website, under practice unknowns.

Best regards

Cam

Cam, it appears to be a roll and 1/2 with 6 stopping points. If you notice you enter upright and exit inverted. With a 4 point roll you exit upright but the the additional 2 points of the roll you are inverted. I cannot say i have seen this before though.

The other roll element is similar but it is an 8 point roll. I guess it does make sense though because you will not have more than 2 consecutive rolls in an element. Whole lot of rolling. That figure would be big for sure.

turns out, it is old school, from 2006, back in the day. the nomenclature was such, that they first stated what kind of a roll it would be, and 4 depicts a 4 point roll, 8 depicts an 8 point roll, 2 would be a 2 point roll, then the short curved arrow, which does not cross the line, indicates it is a half roll, or anything less than a full roll.
then, after the curved arrow, there is another set of numbers, 2/4 or 4/8
which, means 2 out of 4 points in a 360 roll, which would be 180 degrees total, divided in 2, which means, rotate 90 degrees, pause, rotate 90 degrees, stop.

the 4/8, same thing: rotate 45 degrees, pause, another 45, pause, another 45, pause, and the last 45. total rotation is 180 degrees.

now, the nomenclature, which I am accustomed to seeing in the Aresti, is this:

2 x 4

or

4 x 8

best regards

Cam

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Oh sorry wasn't focused on that.
Well I guess they're not using that system anymore.

From what I see it's an 8 point roll and then same direction 4 of 8.
The same method with the other line.

Judge

70cc twin V2
I am not a fan of naming figures. I just call them as they are written, less chance for confusion.

From inverted pull to 45 downline
Center 2 of 4 on downline
Pull vertical
Pull 135 to 45 downline
Center 4 of 8 on downline
Exit positive

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
If ya'll are talking about the rolls....it comes from full scale notations and means 2/4ths of a 4 point roll, and 4/8ths of an 8 point roll. At least that's my take on it as we used to write them like that.

As for the figure itself I've called them a bow tie or a double sharks tooth.

I'll go ahead and call that the "Inverted Entry Half Bow Tie from the top with 2 of 4 centered on the 45 down, pull to vertical, nothing on the up and pull to inverted 45 down with 4 of 8 centered on the down and pull to exit at the baseline"

:cheers: