• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Near Miss: Scorecard: Bird 1 Plane 1 = tie!

tailskid

70cc twin V2
And there I was minding my own business and decided to do a loop and this 'bad bad bird' got in the way.....I think it was a tie and he won't fly again due to a broken wing and my plane due to a 'rekitting'.....good news is the bird was taken to a local BirdSanctuary but wont' be flying anymore:(.

14574=8308-Bird 3_resized.jpg
14574=8308-Bird 3_resized.jpg
14574=8309-Bird 5_resized.jpg
14574=8309-Bird 5_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well crap....that really bites. We've all had a moment or two with birds it seems. Out here, we have recently acquired a few very "BRAVE" Hawks. They circle around, obviously peering for mice on the hillside or the floor of mother earth below. Now normally, I would not worry about them so much. However, they seem to have become so brave lately that they really don't move out of the way any longer. They just kind of stay there and challenge every plane in the air. And in some cases, take chase upon said Hoopties in the sky. Umm, not me. I think I will land. Before they do to me what this Buzzard did to you. Sorry man....

2walla

50cc
Our field is located next to a bird sanctuary/habitat. I have had a hawk attack my plane. I had an old timer witha four stroke and was thermaling and a couple hawks joined me. When the lift petered out i bumped the throttle up and continued to circle. The hawks followed me but couldn't figure out why i was going up and they were flapping like crazy. Then one came over and took a chunk out of my wing. About half an hour later he came over and landed on the fence right next to my plane on the table. He sat there for about 15 minutes and then flew away. I have a pic somewhere of him. Was funny but didnt do my wing any good :)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
14710=8329-duckhunter.jpg
14710=8329-duckhunter.jpg
At the Council Bluffs Huckfest this year a [MENTION=273]cardenflyer[/MENTION] took out a Mallard with his P-47......or perhaps the Mallard was a kamikaze looking for a fight. Either way they both lost. Strange part was he was not more than a couple feet off the runway and three ducks flew by out of the blue. There was at least an 80ft scatter path of balsa and hardware.