• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Need some help programming a JR 12X Radio

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Trying to set a three position switch to control a gyro. For example on aux 2, which is a three position switch. At present when I look at the monitor when flip the 3 position switch it goes from -100% to 0 to +100 %. What I would like to have is that the switch is at 0 all the way up and then -50 % in the middle and -100% all the way done.
Can some please help me program the radio.

WMcNabb

150cc
Trying to set a three position switch to control a gyro. For example on aux 2, which is a three position switch. At present when I look at the monitor when flip the 3 position switch it goes from -100% to 0 to +100 %. What I would like to have is that the switch is at 0 all the way up and then -50 % in the middle and -100% all the way done.
Can some please help me program the radio.

Snoopy, I’m not 100% familiar with the JR12X, but from the Spektrum radios, this sounds just like the flap switch.
My guess is that the travel for Aux 2 could be set for travel from 0 to -100%, and then whichever switch you desire assigned to Aux 2.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
A quick search located the manual, and one section is dedicated to the Gyro, on page A-39.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/JR_12X_Manual_Low_Resolution.pdf

Also finding travel adjust and switch assignment in the other sections, on pages A-31 and A-26 respectively.

Not sure, but a mix made be needed in order to make this work the way you desire.
Thanks for that I will be doing a lot of reading and experimenting. But thanks for that. And yes JR and Spectrum are very similar. But thanks for that.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
You may find that what you want will not work with some of the Gyro's out there. They require 100 % travel in both + & - directions and when using a 3 position switch the 3 positions being 0, 1 and 2 the 1 position has to be left at 0 to make the gyro fuction correctly been there done that, also have the T-Shirt LOL!!!! You will want to review the Instructions for your Gyro too

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The gyro can be programmed two ways - 0 + this will give you heading hold one way and 0 is off and + normal gyro. What I am trying to do is with a three position switch all theWay up or down = 0 off the in the middle + 50 % and third position +100% . Do not want heading hold cannot fly the plane . Just would like two positions normal one flying and one for landing.
Still working at it but nothing is working so far.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok this has me beat. Did gyro set in the radio as instructed by the manual. Watched the monitor screen and it does exactly as it should. Connect the gyro up and still works the way it wants to. Heading hold one way centre is off and the other position normal. Even when I reverse the channel it still works the the gyro wants to.??????

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Wished I could help. It took me years to figure out how to program my Futaba 9Cap, then 14SG. I found help in these forums, at the field and slowly learned enough to be comfortable. I suppose, still don't use conditions or Sbus.......

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok figured it out. On one of the gyro screens were you can change it from normal to heading hold. I have had it on normal all the time but changed everything else. So this morning decided what the hell changed the radio to heading hold, sure enough everything changed in the gyro and it is working just as I wanted it. The radio on heading hold put the gyro into normal go figure. Thanks for all your assistance and comments.

WMcNabb

150cc
Ok figured it out. On one of the gyro screens were you can change it from normal to heading hold. I have had it on normal all the time but changed everything else. So this morning decided what the hell changed the radio to heading hold, sure enough everything changed in the gyro and it is working just as I wanted it. The radio on heading hold put the gyro into normal go figure. Thanks for all your assistance and comments.

GREAT!!! Glad to hear it worked for you!