• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New 30cc Redwing Extra 330 build thread.

I bought the red and silver one. It arrived safe and sound. I will be using Hitec 7955 all around, with the exception of the the throttle servo. Still haven't decided on that yet. As for the motor, it will be the DA35. I have everything I need except of a work bench. I'll be going to Lowe's tomorrow to buy plywood and 2x4's and I'm going build a work bench; then, I'll be able to start the build. First I iron everything, then use CA every where I can reach; then, I thin down epoxy with denatured alcohol and seal everything including the underside where the landing gear attaches to the fuse.

I already have a pitts muffler for the DA and was hoping a pipe would be out by the time I start the build but I dont think that's going to happen.

I'm going to use a 16oz Fortitude tank, one 2500 Lipo battery and I'm hoping it will come in at 11LBS....have to wait and see on that one.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Animal you got pics to post here! :) I think you sent me some in email. put them here so the world can see

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I think this is you that sent me these pics of your progress right? IMG_1739.jpgIMG_1740.jpgIMG_1741.jpg

SnowDog

good to see some more pics of the blue scheme...that reflection in the Hitec digital servo picture looks somewhat like me LOL