• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Fusion and Yak 55M UPDATE!!!

garlandk

100cc
Guys we have had a hard time getting these planes to us, but it looks like they will finally be at OMP around June 12th! Get your pre-orders in today at www.ohiomodelplanes.com or see us at Joe Nall on vendor row!

New video of the Yak 55M

garlandk

100cc
Here are some photos of the weight comparison between the different batteries I have been using.

Aircraft Weight RTF w/ SFGs W/O Battery: 4 lbs 13.8 oz
IMG_5379.JPG

Battery 1: Flight Power 6 Cell 3800 mah 70C
Great pack to get maximum flight time which is around 6-7 minutes according how you fly. A little on the heavy side but plane handles it very well. The 70c allows for maximum power throughout the entire flight. Easily fits in the plane.
IMG_5376.JPG

Battery 2: Flight Power 6 Cell 3600 mah 50c: 1 lb 4.0 oz.
This would be my second choice if you are still wanting the longer flight times, but keeping it light. Great power throughout the entire flight. Flight time is around 5-7 minutes according how you fly. Easily fits in the plane with no problem
IMG_5378.JPG
Battery 3: Flight Power 6 Cell 3350 mah 30c: 1 lb 2.0 oz
This has to be my favorite pack so far. It is what I used in the latest video flown with SFGs. You will get around 4.5 to 6 min flight time according how you fly. Plane flies VERY light with this pack and can do some awesome tumbles with it. Battery fits great in the plane and the CG is no issue.
IMG_5377.JPG

Above are my thoughts on the battery. Using option 3 keeps you under 6 lbs easily. My next step is to order a 5 cell pack and see how well she flies with it.

garlandk

100cc
Also please remember I do have the prototype model of this plane. Hopefully the production model will come out a bit lighter. Also I will be looking at different motor options. The current motor is a Hacker 50-14S I forget what version this is, but I believe it is an older version. Might look into to see if the newer versions are any lighter. This thing is a rocket ship on 6 cell.