• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Official Lanier 1/3 Scale Laser 200 Owners' Thread

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
From the category of better late than never! Doesn't this kind of give the site a sense of legitimacy now that we've got an official thread for this classic acro plane?? Not going there with me? OK, at least let me suffer in silence!

Anyway, picked up this beauty a couple of months ago and have some questions. It appears the engine was installed with zero right thrust and zero down thrust. I'm ok flying it like that to see if it works or not but I don't have plans to double check. Do any of our members that are also owners of one of these sweet sweet oldies of a plane have a set of plans by any chance? Mind taking a look at what is recommended for the engine thrust line please?

The particular model that I bought doesn't have much more than the recommended throws so no 3D for the old girl, not that I'd have much of a shot at making it happen for her.

Anyway, would appreciate help on the engine thrust line. The rest of y'all feel free to subscribe and drool! We're going back in time here!

:dancing-chicken::dancing-chicken::dancing-chicken:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I'm surprised there aren't any responses! I thought we had at least a few guys still flying these airframes!

Nobody has a set of plans in the rafters gathering dust?

I"m speechless!

claymin

50cc
Bartman, when I redesigned my laser. I set everything at zero. Before I stop flying it to check ever thing and recover it.

claymin

50cc
Bartman,
Take a look at images, I have set of lanier 1/3 scale laser 200 drawing somewere in the shop. I will see if I can find them. The drawing image from the internet.

Attachments

• laser 200.jpg
    laser 200.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,009
  • lg-727980-4-1329.jpg
    lg-727980-4-1329.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 951

guy89zx7

30cc
@Bartman the Lanier plans show 0° for up/down thrust and on the l/r thrust it doesn't say. Although the c/l of the fuselage and spinner are the same so I'm taking that to be 0° also.