• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ok let me start by saying I will not be buying...

B

Brad Hendrickson

Ok let me start by saying I will not be buying from ebay just a place to steal the pics. Looking for my first giant so theese two have cought my eye. Asking for others opinion on which one and why. Thanks. Also if something else it must be at least 80 inch wing.
picture

J

Jay Riddell

honestly neither.. those are both 50cc size. While a good price the price also scares me. However that being said if you fly 3D look to the edge but if you want a plane that'll fly precision and 3D go to the extra

B

Brad Hendrickson

Jay Riddell do you suggest a larger version or what? I was looking at this size as i need to be at least 80 inch wing span. As for what ill be doing with it i want to say mostly just looking at something to have all around fun with and definitely a high alpha knife edge with smoke for one but not to worried about precision so to speak.

J

Jay Riddell

that's an OK size..it's an older 50cc size..the 50cc class keeps getting bigger, to allow for 70cc..everyone wants power..an extra you can't go wrong with, however I ask you to check into the top companies also..you will see a big difference on price, the prices on the planes above are 30cc size pricing..there is a reason..parts?,quality, how they fly etc.. just remember you always get what you pay for

B

Brad Hendrickson

Agreed i only stold them pics and they had that price point with them i was just using it for visual reference will be going with something other than ebay for actual purchase. As for top companys what/who are you referring to

B

Brad Hendrickson

Also is there a deference between an an extra 260 and a 300? Or is that reflect its size?

J

Jay Riddell

260,300,330 are the scale identifiers..different motors,different configuration,1 or 2 seat etc..personally I would look at in no particular order..extreme flight, aerobeez,aeroworks,pilot..

B

Brad Hendrickson

Ok thanks for the help i was leaning towards the extreme flight brand. I will look into farther as i need 80 inch but dont want to get much bigger for transportation and storage reasons.

J

Jay Riddell

I have been hearing really good things about the aerobeez 91 extra..I have a pilot extra and love it