• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Oklahoma Dust Bowl V Sep 14-15 at Holdenville, OK

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Come join us for the Oklahoma Dust Bowl V (ODB-V) Radio Control Fly In for 2013. In case you have not heard about our fly in, the OK Dust Bowl Fly In is an annual model aviation event held at the Holdenville Municipal Airport in Holdenville, Oklahoma. This year our event will be held on the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] -15[SUP]th[/SUP] September.

A fly in is an event featuring model aircraft of all types and it brings together modelers of all skill levels to showcase their talents and to learn from others. In the Radio Control (RC) community, this is how we share in the camaraderie of our hobby/sport and how participants can learn from each other.

This will be our 5[SUP]th[/SUP] year for the ODB and this year as in years past all the money raised during this two-day event will be donated to the Tulsa chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society. Along with raising money for continuing research to find a cure for MS, we also hope to raise awareness of this disabling disease. Many people do not understand that MS is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system. Symptoms may be mild, such as numbness in the limbs, or severe, such as paralysis or loss of vision. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS are unpredictable and vary from one person to another. Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to people affected by the disease. It is through efforts like our ODB-V that monies for continuing research continue to happen.

The ODB-V is open to any and all types of model aircraft. The fly in is held at the airport so there is plenty of wide open spaces. Camping is allowed on site and there are showers and restrooms in the terminal.

The event promises to be a great time and there should be lots of planes and helis to keep everyone's interest up. We are planning to have an excellent amount of items for raffle so come out and join us for a wonderful weekend of RC flying and camaraderie and help raise money for a worthy cause.

Website: http://oklahomadustbowlflyinformsresearch.yolasite.com/

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
HobbyKing dropped out as the title sponsor and will no longer be supporting the event. Anthony Hand's reasoning was "He said that he did not see any return from doing it." Whatever that means.

So if anyone has any suggestions on who we can get to be the title sponsor for this event, please let me know.

Frank

njswede

150cc
I think it means "helping people with MS doesn't put any money in my pocket". I really hope it works out for you!

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Awesome. Thanks Gary. I shared your link. Who knows, someone somewhere might see that and want to be our title sponsor or they might just want to donate.

Thanks again,

Frank