• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Old time Fav Slime Plane!

garlandk

100cc
What was your fav glow plane back when it was basically just glow airplanes and just a few gassers around?

I gotta say mine was either the Magic or Kaos series.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
We burned a assload of glow fuel through the old Hangar 9 Pizzaz and then the Twist. Back in the day they were $100. Went through about one a month.

SleepyC

150cc
My favs were the Funtana 90 as it was such a "BIG AIRPLANE" back then, also the Flip 3D. Besides the clear covering that plane flew great!

Funtana 90 with a 150 Saito and the Midwest Extra with a Moki 2.10. The Extra had an 80 inch WS. Holy crap it was huge!!

jaybird

70cc twin V2
SleepyC;2643 wrote: My favs were the Funtana 90 as it was such a "BIG AIRPLANE" back then, also the Flip 3D. Besides the clear covering that plane flew great!

Man I always wanted a Flip.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I wore out two Sig Cap 231EX (72") with Saito 1.80, and sold one used, plus crashed one. Those were crazy tumblers!

Then I had a Funtana 90.

Then I started with gassers and never looked back...

thepamster

70cc twin V2
I thought the title of this was "Old" Time Fav Slimer Plane. Whats a "Hanger 9"? Lol.

I look back at the planes I had in the 80s and 90s and there was always an Ugly Stick of some sort.

wizard

30cc
I couldn't tell you the name of my favorite one. It was an old airframe that a buddy had in storage. .20 size, high wing, flat bottom held on with rubber bands, 3 channel. He donated the airframe, and I geared it out. We call it the community plane. Looks like hell, but it's a blast to fly. It's one of the ones that you can beat on all day and still find things that you never thought you could do with just rudder and elevator. My buddy always had a thing about flying in a wind over about 10 mph. One day the wind was blowing about 25 and I was beating the hell out of it. I just pushed the transmitter in his hands and walked away. He will fly in the wind now and has a blast.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I guess my favorite slimer is the one that is currently on my bench. A .40 sized kaos from a recently bought Bridi kit. The dirty birdi would have been better in a .60, but I had an old SF 46 ABC that needed a home. Here is a pic. I have the wings and fuse about done now. I just have to mount the engine and carve the nose down to the nose ring. I also have to join the wings. Here is a pic from earlier this spring.

2735=1456-D2B_5552.jpg
2735=1456-D2B_5552.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Favorite Slimer? Hands down, Carl Goldberg Eaglet 50. Powered by an OS FS20. The little plane that could. Truly the one I learned to fly on many moons ago. I believe I broke it in half, side ways, smashed the wing, crushed the gear, splintered the firewall, striped servos... and rebuilt it and recovered it about seven different times. By the time I solo'd, it was a darn nice flyin' plane. Think it flew better with each repair. Or maybe I just figured out that up stick is in fact not...up. LOL....