• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Pattern - Cadence w/ DA 35

Alky6

150cc
This will be a modified build of the Insight RC Cadence pattern plane. Will use a DA-35 for power. The fuse sides will be constructed of pre-preg carbon fiber panels. Have been dreaming of incorporating these into a build for a long time.
Bought the plans a few months ago and have been staring at them and planning the attack. The plans are extremely well thought out. The kit price is fairly reasonable, considering the cost of the wood alone, having the laser cut wood as part of the kit is not much more. Other than the fuse, the remaining parts are balsa covered foam.

It will be a slow build and in fits and starts, but looking forward to it none-the-less!! :fist_pump:

The photos below come from the Insight website.

-Paul

CCC8AC56-8245-4328-9354-86B5160FA218.jpeg
3A85B916-0465-4005-9F9A-C6DBE378CDDD.jpeg

Alky6

150cc
I have rough cut out the carbon pre-preg panels (1/2” thick). They need to be lightened, holes drilled for wings and appurtenances, and relieved to allow the bend at the back of the fuse to start the taper. A full sheet of the stuff (4’x8’) weighs 11.5 pounds.

Only planning three formers - firewall, one intermediate (located at the beginning of the taper), and at the tail/stab interface. Most likely will glass and paint, but the jury is still out on that.

-Paul

E8A7AD9D-18C5-4E31-A90E-D2182F83857F.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am in on this one will be interesting to see how you work the panels into the design. Thanks for doing thread on the build . Hopefully you are patient as we ask questions to understand how or why you are doing certain things or methods.

Alky6

150cc
Thanks Snoopy. Happy to share. I learned how to work with these panels when I was building my own full scale race boats - seems much longer ago now - before I stopped when the kids came around. Still learning though... Great thing about these threads is the learning goes both ways!

I am in on this one will be interesting to see how you work the panels into the design. Thanks for doing thread on the build . Hopefully you are patient as we ask questions to understand how or why you are doing certain things or methods.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
This will be a modified build of the Insight RC Cadence pattern plane. Will use a DA-35 for power. The fuse sides will be constructed of pre-preg carbon fiber panels. Have been dreaming of incorporating these into a build for a long time.
Bought the plans a few months ago and have been staring at them and planning the attack. The plans are extremely well thought out. The kit price is fairly reasonable, considering the cost of the wood alone, having the laser cut wood as part of the kit is not much more. Other than the fuse, the remaining parts are balsa covered foam.

It will be a slow build and in fits and starts, but looking forward to it none-the-less!! :fist_pump:

The photos below come from the Insight website.

-Paul

View attachment 108025 View attachment 108026
looking forward to seeing how this turns out!