• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D PAU 100cc EXTRA 300sp

3dbandit

100cc
Hello all,

I just received a PAU 100cc Extra in the mail a few day's ago. I will be documenting the build here.

Components are as follows:

Savox 2231sb's x 9

Spektrum 12120 rx

DA-120 on stock muffs

Taildragger extensions

TP 1350mah 2s lipo rx packs

TP 900mah 2s lipo igntiton pack

RCexcl Kill switch

Castle CC BEC on ignition

Skywriter smoke pump

16oz foutitude fuel tank and 16oz smoke tank

SWB servo arms

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Sub'd [MENTION=214]3dbandit[/MENTION] what kind of flight times are you getting or think you'll be getting with 16oz tank?

3dbandit

100cc
ChickenBalls;3727 wrote: Sub'd [MENTION=214]3dbandit[/MENTION] what kind of flight times are you getting or think you'll be getting with 16oz tank?

I think I should get 5 or 6 minutes.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
3dbandit;4049 wrote: I think I should get 5 or 6 minutes.

Why not go with bigger tanks? doesn't add all that much weight and you don't have to fill them all the way if you want lighter and shorter flight.

3dbandit

100cc
Daytonarc;4068 wrote: Why not go with bigger tanks? doesn't add all that much weight and you don't have to fill them all the way if you want lighter and shorter flight.

Actually, if your flying hard you should really fill the tanks all the way. Using bigger tanks that are only filled half way will let the fuel slosh around a lot and go to the front of the tank.

Also, it is hard to tell how much fuel you are putting in without taking off the canopy.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
This is on my future must have list, looking forward to your build.

I agree with daytona having had four 120's, you will want that 32oz tank at least. 16oz is great for smoke if used sparingly. The 120 is a monster and 16oz of fuel it will not even notice.

3dbandit

100cc
Terryscustom;5497 wrote: This is on my future must have list, looking forward to your build.

I agree with daytona having had four 120's, you will want that 32oz tank at least. 16oz is great for smoke if used sparingly. The 120 is a monster and 16oz of fuel it will not even notice.

I have had many 120cc planes and feel I will be just fine using a 16 oz tank.

For now, this plane will be used primarily for IMAC Freestyle and next year's XFC. I will need a 6 minute flight time at most.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That's cool, that's actually why I am looking at this plane.....just recently addicted to IMAC (but still 3D throwdown at heart). I need a good IMAC plane that will fit in my long box truck for road-trips without a trailer. I've got the 176cc Extra and it's almost like cheating at IMAC, but I just can't take it everywhere.