• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Tseres

150cc
I scored the best RC deal of my RC career. This plane was the XFC Raffle plane from PAU. One of the local guys who owns a small Hobby Shop in Muncie In. won the plane. He told me about it as soon as he saw me. The next time I saw him he wasn't sure if he was going to build it. He said that the plane was beyond his abilities to fly. I told him that I'd be interested in the plane if he decided to sell it. He him hawed around till today. When I saw him I asked if he was ready to sell the plane. He said maybe. To me that said "yes he was'. I took a look and everything was in great shape so I made him an offer. We went back and forth about the price and finally settled on something we both could live with.

Now I have a Sukhoi. I'll do my assembly thread here since there is no support thread on the SU-26 yet. So far this is a sudden project that I didn't plan on. Need to acquire an engine and some servos. I'll be getting some Savox Servos but have not decided on an engine yet.

Since I'm in the middle of my WW-I Camel build I'm putting the plane back in the box for now. This is still a good place to discuss your SU-26. There are a lot of people that have or had one that will subscribe to this thread as soon as they learn about it. If you have a question or a comment I'm sure we want to read it.
DSC_0046.JPG
DSC_0047.JPG
DSC_0048.JPG
DSC_0049.JPG
DSC_0050.JPG

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
The Sukhoi is a LARGE plane for a 50cc class plane, but that video makes it look HUGE for some reason!

Astro

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Guess what I found. I believe this is Herve flying the Sukhoi.

Yes, early testing of one of the prototypes.
It took 6 prototypes before we felt comfortable producing it: is was challenging to keep it scale while improving flight performance.
I will probably assemble another one before too long.

Tseres

150cc
We have a swap meet coming up the Saturday after thanksgiving. I'm stripping a couple of my electrics for sale so I can have more room for this years new stuff. Right now I don't have anywhere to put the Camel or the Sukhoi, except on the floor. Its getting crowded there also.

Tseres

150cc
I just have to share this. Joe is a friend of mine and in all fairness I hear that he has moved on from 3DHS to Redwing. Somewhere in between there he bought and flew one of these Sukhois. I watched this at least 5 times. LOL. Hes just great at showing off. I mean that in a good way. Nice going Joe.