• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Peak Models Edge 540 SLick 26%

I recentily ordered and received a Peak Models 26cc Edge Slick Red/White /black . For $250 plus $40 shipping charge I am very impressed with the quality of this plane. I have in the past had all the major brands, Aeroworks, 3dhobbyshop, Horizon , Hempel 25% cub. I must say this bird after starting assembly and inspection of all the typical ARF flaws has no major issues with a lot of positive features I didn't expect to see. It came with a Kuza fuel tank ,Oracover , and great hardware that is actually usuable. The covering usually loosens up quite a bit on most ARF planes and I had very little areas that had wrinkles. I did the usual thin CA areas that we all do just to make sure everything is glued. The paint on the cowl and canopy match perfect and the cowl and canopy fit perfect. I recentily completed a Aeroplus 50cc Yak 55 and I spent much time on getting the canopy to fit and was totally amazed how poorly it fit and spent about 2 hours on just getting it to fit correct. I am not bashing the plane because all and all it is a nice looking plane but there were many areas that needed redone to be what I call a strong plane to fly. I am putting a EME 35 on the SLick and from what I have read and heard about the EME 35 it is a very good motor. The V2 EME 35 motors come with a walbro carb, NSK bearings , angled plug and a 12 volt ign, not that I need that feature. For $269 from Mile Hi rc and with great support from Mike at Mile Hi I am sure it will be a good combo. The firewall on the Slick is marked fro a DLE 30 and the EME has the same footprint as the DLE 30. I just had to add 1/4 ply on the firewall for perfect fit and spacing out the front of the cowl. Just wanted to advise you guys for the money it is a great ARF and I cant wait to fly it next spring here in Central Iowa. Using XQ 4020 servos which are 300oz servos, a little overkill but I have had great luck with this brand of servo also purchased at RedWing and Mile Hi . Out of the 20 I have I only had 1 out of the box which was flawed. Any comments welcomed by you guys . Thanks Bruce :grumpy:Also now Peak has their West coast warehouse open and you can get free shipping with any of their planes.

Last edited by a moderator: