• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 30% Edge 540. Who's Flying it!?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Snapshot 1 (3-8-2015 12-38 AM).png
Snapshot 2 (3-7-2015 6-37 PM).png
Snapshot 4 (3-7-2015 6-41 PM).png
Went through all pages of this thread list and well.......

Been flying mine for over 4 years and 2 servo change outs and over 50 gallons on an EME 60 with a Pro Flow canister. This has been my go to plane and it flies extremely well, has no bad habits, and is extremely light airframe! 16lbs with a canister.

I know a lot of guys flying this size airframe from Pilot so tell your story and experience.

I like my EF stuff too and PAU is a consideration but very little on this 30 center.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been flying mine for two years now. It's got a DA50 and a KS can. I put a Demon Cortex on it last summer and love the combination. Everyone I've let fly it loves it. And the green gets a lot of positive comments.

The only problems I've had with it was the axles were very soft and bent really easily and the carbon fiber tube pins that hold the hatch on wear something fierce.
MaidenDaySmall3.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
To date the only issues I have had are 1) pipe tunnel cap piece at the end popped a glue joint (easy fix)
2) Black covering peeling its mylar. ( mainly right behind the cowl on canopy hatch).
3) Painted carbon fiber LG chipped and peeled paint early on.
4) Black covering on wings appears to have been scorched and is now showing . ???

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Now some positive points of this plane......
1) All pre hinged control surfaces and stabs and rudder fin can be removed.
2) Flight performance is awesome. For a light built plane it can absorb some high G tumbles and maneuvers.
3) Does not require "ducting" for an inverted single.
4) Plane and simple I like flying this . Fun plane!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@stangflyer @Shayne Epley Know you flying this bird too! Please don't make me feel my glass is half empty!:cheers: lol
Yup!!! Also my "go to" plane when I want to try something a little risky. Why? Cuz I can. LOL.
DLE 55 Bowman Ring, Canned, Hitec HS7954's, TDRC hardware. Issues? Nada, zip, zilch! Well, other than the tip of the rudder. Don't know if everyone's came this way but I have a tick of balsa and covering missing from mine. :banana-dance:

20140618_183148.jpg
20140618_183221.jpg
Edge 540 2015 first flights.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Fellas anyone have the contact info for Tony direct. Also if Kelly doesn't mind me asking, does anyone have the 50cc Pilot Extra flying? @emtp275 we were just talking bout this Edge yesterday, and looky here is a thread started on it, it's a SIGN son:lol2: