Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 35% Yak teardown/ replacement

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by dhal22, May 13, 2019.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

After dozens of emails and months of trying to get rebuild parts from Pilot RC I gave up. I am just going to move everything to a new Yak now. Pictures of the new one as I swap everything over.

20190513_204541.jpg

20190513_205949.jpg

49dimes, HRRC Flyer, Alky6 and 3 others like this.
  2. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Pilot? Or another brand yak?

3. I don't understand your having any problems getting repair parts from Pilot. Tony even sold me some covering for a repair. If you disregard the delay in shipping, you know that slow boat to and from China thing, Pilots' service was great! You model looks to be very repairable. I assume the cowl is toast and that may be the hold-up.

This may help, here is a link to a 37½% Pilot Yak repair I posted I on FG several years ago, https://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88490&highlight=54+Yak+story

Right now, my Yak is in the hanger having the fuel system re-plumbed, adding a choke servo and replacing an aileron servo that gave up the ghost. I should be back in the air in a few days.

Remember, old Bearly always sez,

"If an't round its square, FLY A YAK
    and
    "A bad day at the flying field is better than a good day of golf!"​

4. dhal22

Pilot yak. Found one nib for 60% of new price and local.

5. dhal22

Emails and emails and emails and emails. Got 1 response with a shipping quote but no reply to whether damage photos were enough. Emails from august to January, finally just gave up.

6. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

so you got parts, a complete set of parts for one plane!

have fun, nice planes.

49dimes, Jetpainter and dhal22 like this.
  7. dhal22

Yes, and the parts are glued as well. :p

8. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Nice score!

49dimes and acerc like this.
  9. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Great choice in using "ARF" parts instead of "Repair" parts :attaboy:.

dhal22 and Alky6 like this.
  10. dhal22

Cowl is fine, I just tore the landing gear out. Dozens and dozens of emails, rarely a reply, maybe 2 total. Waste of time is what it was.