• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

pilot edge 540 50cc

Hey folks. Now that I am getting close to finishing my ultimate build I'm starting to look ahead to the edge build. Thinking of putting a DLE 60 twin on it. Anyone have any experience with the twin and will it fit OK in the edge cowl?

emtp275

100cc
Hey folks. Now that I am getting close to finishing my ultimate build I'm starting to look ahead to the edge build. Thinking of putting a DLE 60 twin on it. Anyone have any experience with the twin and will it fit OK in the edge cowl?
be great if the weight comes out like they say and my extra was in the mid range so Id do it, If any thing the plug holes would have to be opened on one side, Im ready to see one of these planes cut up yours or @ChickenBalls one lol

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Hi @combat chicken

I was going the same route a while ago, here is a link to pilots cowl size list for you: http://www.pilot-rc.com/Upload/201409040244.pdf

For your model the size to worry about is "D" which is 248mm, the DLE60 twin is 275mm safe cap to cap which means you will have the caps poking outside the fuse about 12.5mm each side, possibly the whole cylinder head will need a cut to fit

if you have not bought your engine yet you could consider the EME70 which is only 250mm cap to cap safe, so you would only need a safety hole to allow the caps to vibrate unhindered, weight is not a downside either as the EME70 weights in at 2155g over the DLE 2090g only 65grams more.

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like my original plan for a DLE or EME 55 or 60 may be the best way to go. I hate butchering a cowl so no twin here. I'll wait for the 111 twin in my next bird. :yesss:

Ok guys so lets get a discussion going on what power plant to put on my 30% Pilot Edge 540. So definately not going with a twin so what are your recommendations. DLE 55RE, EME 60, DLE 61 or some other choice. LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!! :LOL_gif:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I can't speak from experience. Only what I've seen first hand. My DLE 55 side exhaust will put the 55RE to shame. But, you really want to wake that thing up? 3W 55I all the way. DLE 61 would also be awesome. What I can speak of from experience is my 16 lb. DLE 55 powered Pilot Edge is unbelievable. Anything more than that would be absolutely insane for power and performance.

Last edited: