• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Pilot Yak 19% (53")

djmoose

70cc twin V2
So was the suggested CG in the manual way off or did you not see where it was before you flew?

njswede

150cc
The problem is that the manual only lists the CG for the 19% Sbach and not for this bird. I think, unfortunately, the generic 19% manual they have was written before they released the Yak. Hopefully they're going to fix that. So I just went ahead and made a rough guess. Obviously, my guess was a bit off... :) Anyway, it was able to land the plane safely (on the third approach) so it's all good. I will publish my CG numbers as soon as I have a few more flights on it and everything dialed in.

njswede

150cc
Steve, I know... But I my eagerness to get the plane in the air took over. At the end of the day it's no big deal. The first flight was a bit like a drunken squirrel, but I had things under pretty good control and I don't think there ever was any serious risk of losing the model. Xsubsailor who was my spotter may think otherwise... :)