• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pitts Style Muffler

Smitty

50cc
Anyone know if a Pitts style muffler for a DLE -55 will fit a DLE-61 or a DA-50 will fit the DLE-61.---Smitty

Smitty

50cc
Was afraid of that, Thanks for the info. A guy that flies here has one,DLE-61, on a 91 in. Extreme Flight Extra and it pulls it around very nice. Has bunches of power, figured it would do well in that PAU Su-26 with a 88 in. wing.--Smitty

Tseres

150cc
The DLE 61 would be fine for the Sukhoi. I have an MVVS-58 on mine. When I can get it started it has plenty of power for it. I believe Terry had a DLE-61 on his.

emtp275

100cc
I can say I have had zero issues with my 61, Also the stock pipe on the 61 works well in the 91 yak cowl. the only hole needed was a small relief for the plug cap and one hole for the exhaust exit, I cut it about a 1/4" wider than the stinger and thats all that was needed but I do have to install the cowl then slide the stinger and clamp in place but thats stupid easy. You may find you hack the cowl less on you round cowl with the stock over a pitts also

kork

70cc twin V2
Smitty,
the 61 is a great fit for the Sukhoi, I run a Mejlik 24x8 carbon and it hauls it perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1717.JPG
    IMG_1717.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 287

Smitty

50cc
I really like the way you did your cowl, I will be putting a Pitts style muffler on mine. I am in the process of ordering everything so when the plane gets here I will be ready.--Smitty

Smitty

50cc
I can say I have had zero issues with my 61, Also the stock pipe on the 61 works well in the 91 yak cowl. the only hole needed was a small relief for the plug cap and one hole for the exhaust exit, I cut it about a 1/4" wider than the stinger and thats all that was needed but I do have to install the cowl then slide the stinger and clamp in place but thats stupid easy. You may find you hack the cowl less on you round cowl with the stock over a pitts also
I will check that out , just like the looks of a Pitts muffler. Are you thinking I may have to do more than just adding another hole for the extra pipe.--Smitty