• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Plane collection at SFO

njswede

150cc
Every time I fly to or from San Francisco, I'm amazed by the big models hanging from the ceiling by the food court in terminal 3. I've never had time to look closer, though. Until today, when I got to the airport a bit early. They look like they're a mix of 6-10 ft wing span. Most of them have visible servos, engines or at least control horns, so it must have been a flying collection at some point. They all seem incredibly well built and look amazing. This is clearly not the collection of some average Joe RC pilot. Does anyone have any information about these planes? There must be a story behind how such a collection ended up there.
fc84e0536ddfb2677113cd734483d3dd.jpg
8614838cdd7983ea7e2507dafa38f900.jpg
916c5d4651c414a8d6f3df1f38550b39.jpg

Alky6

150cc
As a follow up to that article, the new Icon Aircraft A5 sport aircraft will soon be manufactured (or at least assembled) in a facility that is currently under construction right next to the Nut Tree airport in Vacaville. A stone's throw from my office. They are really cool aircraft.