• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Plane Stand Pro - fuselage stand.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
After seeing a stand that @Pistolera had built for his plane some time ago I got to brain storming about how to expand on an excellent idea. I've had this design all worked out in my head for many months, just never sat down and got one done. I came out with a great functional stand and tail holder that can be all CNC cut out of a single sheet of 1/2" plywood. Some of the attributes that I built into the stand:

- Able to fully assemble in 90 seconds or less without tools. Can also be screwed together and gussets added for increased rigidity in the shop.

- Comfortable working height of 38" to center of wing tube (with 2" swivel casters installed by user)

- Full access to plane all the way around without handling the fuse excessively risking damage or rash.

- Fits standard 1.5" wing tube, up to 2" would work but I can either make a customer one or you can also use a wooden dowel to save any wear and tear on your wing tube.

- Depending on your ceiling height, you can rotate the plane upside down for undercarriage maintenance, landing gear installation, covering, etc.

- Tool holders can be installed with wing tube already on the cradle, can also be installed on the inside and a standard 35" plane can still be rotated at a high angle all the way to inverted.

- With customer supplied casters you can simply grab the tail and wheel the plane and stand around the shop or against the wall for storage.

- Tail holder with 12" +/- of travel to fit any plane upright or inverted.

I will have a few of these that we will cut and donate to events that we plan to attend for the rest of the year and into next year. If you would like to get one, it's looking like the best material to keep the package weight under 20 lbs. is going to be birch plywood.

I'll be finalizing that next Monday with another test cut but if that works the base price will be $85 not including casters. Also will not include any screws to permanently assemble it since from the feedback I've been given most would like to be able to take it apart or pack it in their trailer for travel. I will include some bolts to assemble the tail / nose holder and some foam to use on the tail / nose holder.

I found some packing boxes at U-line and adjusted the size of the sides to exactly fit, box itself is $4.88 so that is built into the price so if you want one I won't have a "handling" charge.

If you are interested in one I will probably start cutting some after we return from the @Taildraggerrc / Extreme 3D Fest so shoot me a PM with your paypal address and your zip code. I can give you an accurate shipping price. and send you an invoice.

NOTE: These are sold as is, I am not responsible for use or basically anything that may happen to you, your plane or anything else you can possibly dream up with it's use. It's pretty much impossible to screw this up unless you are completely oblivious to what you are doing. Once assembled it can't fall apart without some effort. I wheeled around a one of a kind prototype on it all over my shop flipping it upside down, even pushed it over some bumps out into the driveway. With that note, if you get it and don't like it, don't feel safe with it, whatever, ship it back and I'll send you your money back. If something ever goes wrong or you loose a part and you need a replacement part, I'll be happy to cut a new part and send it out to you. If there is something you don't like let me know so I can make it better!!

image009.jpg

image005.jpg

Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Pics of a more permanent assembly of the Plane Stand:

Attachments

• image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 555
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 514
  • image013.jpg
    image013.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 590
  • image014.jpg
    image014.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 528
  • image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 574
  • image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 537
  • image017.jpg
    image017.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 524
  • image018.jpg
    image018.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 615

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Excellent. How about a shelf in the main component area? I need lots of shelves to clutter up.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
while some of you may see a really nice looking stand for your planes, i'm seeing why I NEED A CNC ROUTER!!

very nice Terry, I'm sure you're going to be cutting a lot of those in the coming weeks/months/yrs