• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pro flow canisters on a 104" 3DHS Slick

njswede

150cc
I just got a set of pro-flow cans that I'm about to install in my 104" Slick. First of all, these things are works of art! The welding, the finish and the precision is just amazing!

My first issue is working out what mounts to use. The wooden ones I have are for a 3W L/70. The cans fit with maybe 1/32 - 1/16" to spare. There's no room for the silicon tube spacers. What should I do? Wrap the cans in some kind of heat resistant tape to get a snug fit or bite the bullet and buy/make different mounts? What say you?

20141208_165218.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
You have several options. Use the wood mount you have and extrapolate a little larger one from light ply or purchase the aluminum dual mount Dave offers or Seacraft or China brand or DIY or Pay me Big Bucks to do it for you or Comfort Mounts or Hardware Store or Electrical Supply warehouse or Plumbing Warehouse or let's fix cheeseburgers for supper tonight or I don't feel like cheese right now or I can just shut up!:rolleyes:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You have several options. Use the wood mount you have and extrapolate a little larger one from light ply or purchase the aluminum dual mount Dave offers or Seacraft or China brand or DIY or Pay me Big Bucks to do it for you or Comfort Mounts or Hardware Store or Electrical Supply warehouse or Plumbing Warehouse or let's fix cheeseburgers for supper tonight or I don't feel like cheese right now or I can just shut up!:rolleyes:
Sp0ken like a true cheeseburger junky. Hey, come to think of it...those canisters look mighty familiar....LOL. It might take a little workmanship on your part, but perhaps take your wooden mount and duplicate it onto another piece of material. Matching outside dimensions as well as inside diameter of muffler reliefs. If you need a slightly larger outside, this would be a good opportunity to custom design it. Myself, I would then enlarge the circumference to fit the size of the can. Either make tubing supports or drill holes to loop tubing all the way around each "can" relief. That's what I would do. Course, there is as you pointed out the option of purchasing mounts.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Just curious, what size drop headers are you using?

I have a barely used set of headers and pro-flows laying around that I was thinking about putting in my slick. They came out of my old H9 extra and are 50mm drop.

njswede

150cc
How 'bout this? Instead of the silicone tubing that came with the mounts, I used some silicone fuel line. Will I set fire to my plane?
cans.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I think that looks just fine. I doubt the cans will get warm enough to cause any problems. As long as you have an airspace all the way around. Would be nicer if there was just a wee bit more of a diameter but I think you will be fine.