Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Real Flight 8 (RF8)... It's Here!!!

Discussion in 'Flight Simulators' started by Mithrandir, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Mithrandir

Mithrandir 30cc

WOW!!
    I recently acquired Real Flight 8 and loaded onto my 'puter.
    What a hoot!
    I have been out of the main loop for a few years as I have started over with kids, married a beautiful (and younger ;) ) lady... so have been busy with that. Well... the youngest is getting a bit more independent, so I am burning back into my old ways.... what a way to get back..... with Real Flight 8!!
    Tower has some rebate action going on now.....
    If you want the Tx included: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGWCM&P=3
    or if you still have a controller from a previous version: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGWCN&P=3

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    thurmma, 49dimes, Alky6 and 2 others like this.
  2. Mithrandir

Mithrandir 30cc

It takes about 6 to 10 minutes to install....
    The "Default" airplane when you first start it up is the "Thunderbolt Sbach 35%"....
    Real Flight makes it super easy to tweak and modify the default planes.....

Click "Aircraft"... click "EDIT (Name of Active Model Here)" and you can get right into tweaking to your personal preference!!
    I moved the CG back an inch, changed the "Vehicle Graphical Scale (%)" to 185 and increased the Elevator deflection to 45 degrees.... (Oh yeah... change the Prop Graphical scale too if you want it to look right!!)

That right there makes the default Sbach pretty dang good!!

Attached Files:

49dimes, Jetpainter and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. Mithrandir

Mithrandir 30cc

And for those who fly Mode 1, Like me, QQ, Hanno, (or any other Mode for that matter)... it is really easy to move the Ratchet, Lever and Spring in the controller, and in the software, you can select under the "Simulation" option, "Select Controller" and then choose "Edit".... a small window pops up and you can assign controls to the various sticks and switches... sort of like the "Function" menu on Futaba radios....

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  4. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

Did you install it on a high end 'puter?

5. Mithrandir

Mithrandir 30cc

I actually installed it on my wife's 'puter!! it was a $500 system 2 years ago.... I observe no lags nor jerkiness....

pawnshopmike likes this.
  6. Alpha20

Alpha20 50cc

Not for Mac"puter"..:frown_gif:

7. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Sounds interesting. I know people were unhappy with Realflight X, so I'm glad to see they came out with this.

AKNick, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Did not know there was an 8 . Was on the fence because of all the bad feed back about the RF10 it seemed that it was built for the IT guys and not for everyday RC person trying to improve his flying skills.

AKNick, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. Mithrandir

Mithrandir 30cc

I am hardly at the savy level of even a novice IT guy... and it is a slam dunk to instll and operate!!

;)

Jetpainter, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  10. If you are using Parallels, you should be able to get it to run just fine :) I just ordered mine and will be installing it on my MacBook Pro when it gets here. I had 7.5 installed and found that I didn't use it much so took it off. I have Win7 Pro installed via Parallels.

Alpha20 and pawnshopmike like this.