• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

REDWING RC Sale and new Products!

SleepyC

150cc
Hey guys, Redwing RC has a 10% sale going on and has dropped some new products! Check it out!
10_off_banner.jpg

Aluminum Hub Wheels

Aluminum_Wheels (1).jpg Aluminum_Wheels (2).jpg Aluminum_Wheels (4).jpg
These Aluminum Hub Wheels are made with High Quality Rubber tires that will make landing a breeze. Just like the SmartDesign Tail Wheel, the aluminum hubs are solid and reliable. Designed to fit 20cc to 170cc

Available in 4 sizes: 3”, 3.5”, 4”, and 4.5”

Wheels are sold in pairs.

Features:

Reusable Aluminum Hub

High Quality Rubber Tire

Pricing
3"- 20-30cc: $15.99
3.5"- 50-60cc: $18.99
4"- 100-120cc: $20.51
4.5"- 150-170cc: $25.00

Weight (for two wheels)
20-30cc: 2.6 oz
50-60cc: 2.8 oz
100-120cc:6 oz
150-170cc: 7 oz

The SmartDesign Tail Wheel Assembly

SmartDesign_tailwheel (1).jpg SmartDesign_tailwheel (2).jpg SmartDesign_tailwheel (3).jpg SmartDesign_tailwheel (5).jpg

The SmartDesign tail wheel assembly is extremely efficient and reliable. With fewer parts, there are fewer things to worry about and this simplicity makes it the go-to choice for pilots at every skill level.

"Trouble Free" means just that... no more worrying about screws falling out or loss of control. The SmartDesign tail wheel has top-of-the-line simplified construction and features high quality rubber tires with tread to make landing you plane as safe and smooth as possible. Make the switch today by installing the SmartDesign Tail Wheel in your plane!!!

CNC Aluminum & C.F. Tail Wheel Assembly for 20cc to 220cc

Available in 4 sizes.

Features:
Extremely Reliable
Mechanically Efficient Design
Simple and Solid Construction
Fewer parts needed for install
Pre-Drilled Carbon Fiber

Pricing

20-40cc: $27.00
50-70cc: $34.99
85-120cc: $44.99
150cc-220cc: $54.00

Weight

20-40cc: 1.2 oz
50-70cc: 1.6 oz
85-120cc: 2.2 oz
150cc-220cc: 2.6 oz

www.redwingrc.com

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Has anybody used one of these tail wheels? Is stearing set up using a tiller arm?
I just put the tailwheel assembly on my 60: Extreme Flight Laser. My factory one was so sloppy. I used the 20-40cc size which fit nice maybe a little taller. Quality looks pretty darn good.
Steering is with a provided spring to the tiller arm (the rod coming off the back)

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
However, the Aluminum hub wheels leave a lot to be desired. I toss the ones I get in a box. Same as what some of the manufacturers are now sending with some of the ARF's.

Yeah these tail wheels are great, my buddy had his tail wheel fall off at the field so he got one of these. I am super impressed with the design- far fewer parts and less likely to come apart in flight or when you really need it... on landing. From what I saw- they really are "Trouble Free"