• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

RedwingRC MXS-Bach

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Morning all you 3D Junkies! Hope you all got your fixes over the weekend and had great days of thrashing. Spoke to Tim at RedwingRC to get some additional info on this new design he has been working on this year and showed at Toledo. Take a look for yourself and seriously consider this new plane for your next build!

Description:
The all new 30cc MXS-Bach from Redwing RC is a concept design combining the MXS-R and the SBach 342. Combing the best aesthetic and flight components of each plane, the MXSBach has sexy good looks and amazing flight qualities. The goal was to create a plane that was as stable in harriers as the SBach is known to be, with some of the tracking features of the MXS-R. What you’ll find is a fun easy to fly plane that can get very energetic but never gets tippy.

Add on the creative SFG’s (or fences) and it adds even more stability and tracking capabilities. The plane is built with carbon fiber in the fuselage stringers as well as in the wing spars. The airfoil is a forgiving one that allows for easy high alpha flight – which you’ll notice when you go to hover – it locks in and floats. The generous tail and ailerons give it enough authority to do some wicked crankshafts, pop tops and knife edge spins, as you can see in the video.

Video:
[video=youtube;EMUHbR2MPng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMUHbR2MPng[/video]

Pics:
mm.jpgmxm.jpgmxx.jpgmx.jpgmxsbach.jpg
mxsb1.jpgx.jpg

Specs:
Wing span: 1930mm/ 76"
Wing area: 1145 sq inches
All up flying weight: 11 - 12 lbs
Length: 1663mm / 65.5" without Spinner
Engine: DLE 30, DLE 35RA or similar, or Equivalent Electric System
Recommended Spinner Size: 3"
Recommended CG: 5.25" to 5.5" from the LE at the root of the wing
Recommended Prop Size: 18x8 to 20x8

gyro

GSN Contributor
Guys, I really LOVE the looks of this plane. I've been talking with Tim about it for months now, and even was able to offer some design suggestions during prototyping.

I won't say how many prototypes there were, but there was more than one, as Tim has been fanatically committed to this plane being awesome.

I know for certain I'll be getting one as soon as I can... Pre-order is open now so go to RedwingRC and check it out:

http://www.redwingrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5_9&products_id=413

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks guys! Yeah it is always a process. we were pretty close with this one so we had about 3 here before going to "print".

Jaden - our team pilot - did most of the flying in this video and he LOVED it. I know about 1 minute in, after getting a feel, he did a crankshaft and said "OH YEAH, I LIKE this!" And he is VERY quite normally but was very loud (for him) when he said it, lol

It's a cool little plane

Hovers like a 100cc

Can get pretty high engery. But is VERY safe feeling.

We have a LOT on reserve already but are TRYING to fit 50pcs in our next container due to ship to us in Nov (for arrival in Nov/Dec)

AKfreak

150cc
Cool looking plane. The Demo video is nice. That prop, is that a RWRC prop? It looks a lot like a Vess, but not sure. Good luck with all your new design, it should be a winner in the RW line up.

cap232

50cc
I seen the current version a fellow flyer at our field has one/yellow looked like it flew very well
cool to see it being upgraded. seems like Tim really likes improving hid designs. keep it up

really looking for the 30cc slick to get the fusion treatment

Last edited by a moderator: