• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Refreshing the Yak

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
After bringing in my Pilot 100cc Yak for a mild tune up I kept finding more to do. So instead of burying the items in other threads I'll start a dedicated one.
My NoBS nimh batteries are dependable, easy to charge and have plenty of juice for my 3 flight average but it's time to move on.
With my heavier 3W-106 batteries cannot mount in the dedicated area, hopefully this area will work.

To be continued.

Attachments

• relions.jpg
    relions.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 358
  • relions2.jpg
    relions2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 236

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Decided to replace the NoBS nimh ignition battery with a A123 battery (same vendor) but I think I used permanent thread lock on my cowling screws. One was so tight I ripped out the blind nut. The Yak is a little long in the tooth so no big deal, just needs a spot repair. Updated my 'What beer are you drinking tonight' while I'm at it. Mike, you will see a Skulpin in the background.

Attachments

• cowl damage.jpg
    cowl damage.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 252
  • cowl damage2.jpg
    cowl damage2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 244
  • cowl damage3.jpg
    cowl damage3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 275
  • cowl damage4.jpg
    cowl damage4.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
While I'm replacing the ignition battery I added a kill switch.

Attachments

• kill switch.jpg
    kill switch.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 256
  • kill switch2.jpg
    kill switch2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 245

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Adding louvers to the cowling. I did not order enough louvers so not complete here yet.

Attachments

• louvers.jpg
    louvers.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 279

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Pulled out the heavy oem tank and dropped in a Taildragger RC tank.

Attachments

• fuel tank.jpg
    fuel tank.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 276

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The original cans holder was just cheap lite ply and had broken in several places. Threw together something made out of G-10 and fuel tubing.

Attachments

• pipe holder.jpg
    pipe holder.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 221
  • holder2.jpg
    holder2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 276