• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Reworked Edge 540T

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Have been to the field 4 times now flying this new PAU 540T, it does fly nice. I wanted to build a pure IMAC model & have no intentions of ever flying any 3D stuff.
I chopped 14" off of the inboard ailerons, re-hinged all the surfaces to close up the big ugly gaps, added balsa to all the trailing edges getting rid of the blunt trailing edges, glassed & painted the canopy hatch, installed a DLE 60cc twin which required molding and installing the cowling bumps to clear the spark plugs, and a few more changes. All the Red Bull stuff is hand cut & ironed on. I am very happy with the way it flies, and I still have a long way to go with the IMAC routine before I am happy with my flying!
Larry B

Attachments

• F7.JPG
    F7.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 629
  • F8.JPG
    F8.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 468
  • F9.JPG
    F9.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 459
  • F1.JPG
    F1.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 468

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I had the pleasure of meeting Larry, and Abe at the Washington, DC area IMAC meet this past weekend. Great fellows and fantastic planes (Abe's is a Carden). When I first walked up to look at Larry's Edge I asked if it was a CARF.....the darned thing was so smooth!!!! Pictures don't do it justice......GREAT job Larry :cheers::cheers::cheers:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Guy's,

Those pictures do not do that plane any justice. That plane looks INCREDIBLE in person. . . . . . :big_yes:

@Larry B I really hope to see you at another iMac contest soon! The northeast is great and we love having fun! As you can tell by meeting @Pistolera he is a fun guy and we are all family! Please feel free to join us at another contest! In reality I want a chance to see this plane first hand... If Earle is impressed, I have to see this thing!!