• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RIP Real Azarr - Sad day for RC.

SleepyC

150cc
If you fly indoor you have probably seen or know "Real Azarr". He was the nicest guy in the world and had some great stories. His name was legally just "Azarr" and he had a great story about the military and his single name.

Over the past 8+ years I had gotten to know this guy at all the large indoor events I attended. We always sat down for a few hours and BS's and I always left with a smile. I was really bummed to hear of his passing today.

SO... RIP Azarr, you were an awesome person, a gift to the RC community and you will truly be missed...

:(
Azarr.jpg

I didnt know he left us until I read about it on FB.

Azarr was a cool cat. I didnt care for him at first, but when I really sat down and got to know him, he was an alright guy.

I will copy and paste what I wrote on FB about him.

Sometimes you have to take a step back from life and wonder what is really important. It isnt about "things" or "rules". Things can be replaced, and apologies can be made for "breaking" a rule. If life was about "rules", then we all would have gps chips in our heads and numbers across our backs. There should be no apology for living life to the fullest each day. Lost a flying friend just a day or 2 ago, and just now reading about it. It really makes me take a step back and evaluate what is going on in my life right now. Isnt social media supposed to be "right now"! Hehe!!

Life is a wonderful thing. Treasure it, value everything that it has to offer, even the curve balls that life throws at you. Because what doesnt kill you, will only make you stronger as a person.

I remember Real Azarr from his Air Flair days. I remember seeing the Impulse Plus in a deep inverted flat spin and recovering. I was blown away! I also remember Azarr from the fun fly days. Little pod and boom type airplanes with a big wing. Super tight loops and lightening quick rolls! I just had to have one! Flew the jeepers out of it!

So, I guess in a way, Azarr inspired me with my flying. Sometimes cantankerous, but often joyful, Azarr was just Azarr. You had to get to know him to understand him. See you on the flip side, Azarr! Hold a pilot station open for me buddy!

Apparently, Azarr had been passed about 4 days ago, from Aug 18th, in his home. No foul play is suspected, and he didn't suffer. Apparently, he was walking in his house to do something, and just collapsed.

Family contact has been reached to Azarr's sister, daughter and granddaughter.

@Kitman

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I had an aunt pass like that. They suspected a brain aneurysm, she was just lying in the kitchen floor.

SleepyC

150cc
I've been bummed all day. Don't know why but I really connected with Azarr. We hung out maybe 3 -4 times a year but each time was pleasent and memorable. My last interaction was at the 2014 Horizon Indoor. We hung out for almost 2.5 hours telling stories, listening to each other and just being RC buds. He was an experienced RC'er. Was part of the start of the electric days of RC and was a good dude.

I know everyone goes, but I am truly bummed this awesome guy went now.
:(