• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Robart Onboard air pump?

Stanley Crawford

New to GSN!
Ive been looking at retract options for my CJM P47. I actually have their retracts for it but was researching the electric side of things when I came across that Robart now has an onboard air pump. Does anyone out there have any experience with it? If so care to give me your opinion.

RichardGee

New to GSN!
This is brand new so I doubt there is much feedback yet. I have this same style Robart pump for ground support and it works great.
My only concern about this on board pump is its weight.... adds a POUND to your aircraft. No big deal for a really large plane.

Sam Wright

New to GSN!
Everything Robart makes is first class. I also have the handheld pump and it is a great tool at the field. I have not seen anyone put an ai pump onboard yet. Since it so early in the game, I would use a device that lets the gear down on low air. Robart has such a device and is the size of a postage stamp and a lot lighter. With all our technology today, you can over gadjet your aircraft which eventually leads to more issues when your ready to fly.

Stanley Crawford

New to GSN!
well Sam i have the century jet retracts and they take a lot of air. I am using the robart air valves to slow the action but I need a lot of air to cycle them. I bought the new onboard air pump and it seems to work well with keeping an air supply to operate them. Ive only cycled them on the ground as I am still in the building stage. I hope to have around 50 cycles prior to first flight. Just for my own peace of mind. So far it is as the add has read. Ill post a more in depth review later on.