• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rocket Powered RC — The Me-163 Komet

GSNadmin

Staff member
When it comes to blasting off from the runway, nothing beats a rocket powered warbird. Fireworks and firepower all in one package, what a great combination! Anyway, one of our favorite RC WW 2 warbirds is the rocket-powered flying wing the Messerschmitt Me-163 Komet!

(Above) plans available from the MAN library at the AirAgeStore.com website.

What do you guys think of these rocket planes? Having a glow engine in the nose and using a rocket motor in the tail for takeoff is really exciting!

(Above and Below) Kevin Shaw at the LI Skyhawks Fun Fly

Light the fire and drop the tires!

The warbird guys from the Long Island Skyhawks club have been flying them for years without incident! What do you think? Is there a Komet in your future?

Model Airplane News - The #1 resource for RC plane and helicopter enthusiasts featuring news, videos, product releases and tech tips.

Continue reading...

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
How about an electric foamie version with an Estes rocket motor in the tail? Do you need a jet waiver for this?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
How about an electric foamie version with an Estes rocket motor in the tail? Do you need a jet waiver for this?
Several guys in my club have the electric foamies with the Estes motor. All the rocket motor does is make smoke. It adds no thrust that you notice. Kinda cool though.;)