• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rolla Modelers Fly-in event

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
A big hello from Rolla Missouri,

It's that time of year again for our annual Fall Fly-in. Our event has grown bigger and bigger each year since 2009. Our great hospitality and laid back flying field has attracted pilots from across the country in the past years, we hope it will again this year! Gather with old friends and meet new friends.

Dates:
September 26th-28th

Event location:
Highway 63 and 28 in Vichy, MO. on the grounds of the Rolla National Airport. 15 minutes from Rolla. Home of Knife Edge Graphix

Event type:
If it flies...bring it!! Gas, electric, nitro....planes, heli's, quads, flying people. BIG or small. The only restriction is no turbine jets....airport rules. EDF's ok.

Field specs:
1. 475'x80' main grass runway with cross wind leg. Always expertly maintained by our tireless field crew.
2. Ample pilot and spectator parking.
3. Onsite restroom facilities
4. RV and primitive camping welcome
4. Onsite BBQ grill...man this brings back funny memories from last years event WOW!! LOL
5. Power: We are off the grid, but we do have onsite 12 DC and 110 AC from our solar power and battery banks(located at the pavillion).
6. AMA required to fly

Local food/lodging:
Rolla has a ton of restaurants to satisfy any pilots hunger after a hard days flying, like Colton's steakhouse, Buffalo wild wings, Matt's Steakhouse(the usual gathering place), Applebee's, etc....... and all the fast food joints you can think of. All of this, 15 minutes from the flying field. There is a small diner a 1/2 mile from the field, for those quick meals.

Lodging is also 15 minutes from the field, the closest and most expensive is Hampton Inn, but there are a ton of cheaper alternatives only a few extra miles away. I will put a lodging list with contact numbers together and post it.

I will post a map, directions and other info as soon as I gather it.

More info can be found here: www.rollamodelers.org

I hope you can make it, you will no doubt have a blast!!

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds like a great time! Unfortunately it's too far for me but a lot of members are in that area!

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Here are a small amount of the almost 500 pics I took at last years event.

Attachments

• IMG_5025.JPG
    IMG_5025.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_5030.JPG
    IMG_5030.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_5055.JPG
    IMG_5055.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_5063.JPG
    IMG_5063.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_5088.JPG
    IMG_5088.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 326
  • IMG_5099.JPG
    IMG_5099.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_5100.JPG
    IMG_5100.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_5112.JPG
    IMG_5112.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 301
  • IMG_5123.JPG
    IMG_5123.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_5149.JPG
    IMG_5149.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 259

gyro

GSN Contributor
Damn... Going to miss another awesome looking event!

This just isn't my year for travel :(
Would have loved to spend a weekend there.
Best of luck with the event!

Maybe we can even send a t-shirt and some stickers out your way? Whatcha think [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION]?

Hmmm [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] [MENTION=2546]Animal[/MENTION] looks like a close one for team redwingrc to attend

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Damn... Going to miss another awesome looking event!

This just isn't my year for travel :(
Would have loved to spend a weekend there.
Best of luck with the event!

Maybe we can even send a t-shirt and some stickers out your way? Whatcha think @3DMIKE?

Let's do it! [MENTION=2466]Superstocktx[/MENTION] I will reach out to you to this week regarding a t-shirt… I need to talk to you anyway about some sweet stickers!