• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rumors @ GiantScaleNews.com

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I was asked....
are the rumors true that you're shutting down GiantScaleNews.com?

NO!

Who would start such a rumor? I could wager a few guesses but won't, it wouldn't be consistent with how we conduct ourselves as a community and won't help the situation. Rest assured though, I have no intention of shutting down the site.

As a matter of fact, I'm still planning to organize the GiantScaleNews.com Intensive Care Weekend. We're still going ahead with the homepage redesign, I'm still researching new enhancements to add to the site (like a Facebook styled chat window that pops up from the bottom corner of the screen for your side conversations), and with the addition of Joe Hunt to our team we're still working to bring you the most thorough and motivational build/review threads possible.

We're not dead yet, not even close.

Yes the homepage hasn't been updated in a while and yes I mistakenly let a link to a bad site sneak into our last update....please accept my sincerest apologies.

At the same time though we've set a new standard for our community of giant scale fliers, encouraging everyone to be friendly, civil, patient, while also being enthusiastic, helpful, and motivated to promote and expand our hobby wherever and whenever possible.

GiantScaleNews.com is alive and well, maybe not the biggest but still the best.

BalsaDust

Sucks to hear that someone would start a rumor like that. Best thing though is that it isn't true. As said above bigger isn't always better and I think we have a really good group of members on this site. No bitching and bickering going around just some nice build threads and other great content with guys trying to be helpful towards one another. Keep it up Bart.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Shutting down? This is the best RC site there is, everybody is friendly and helpful, lot's of stuff to read daily. Joe Hunt even taught me all about having my servo movements linear. Why would someone put those rumors out? Jealousy?
I think I will buy some stuff today through the advertisers here and let them know I saw their ad on GSN.

Last edited:

Wacobipe

100cc
It takes a particularly significant lack of any ethical code whatsoever to create rumors like this...

I'd just like to toss my commendation on the heap that this site is by far the best RC site in existence. I can't even be bothered going elsewhere. While appreciated, upgrades to the site aren't needed by me...you guys are the best and you've supported this hobby in the best possible way!