Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

SCALE Build/Assembly Threads

Discussion in 'Scale Civillian and WarBirds' started by Bartman, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

All of our Build and Assembly Threads can be found HERE

To see SCALE THREADS ONLY please click HERE

A "Build" is the process of creating a flying aircraft from a kit, a set of plans, or from scratch via plans designed by the builder. An "Assembly" is the completion of a process that was started with an ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) kit. I'm not sure what you'd call an airplane built from an ARC (Almost Ready to Cover) kit!

Go forth and be inspired!
    Bart

dhal22 likes this.
  2. @Bartman
    Put it here, "Building boards"

listed as

Build Threads HERE

Assembly threads HERE

Covering and Painting threads

See pic.
    And I would say an ARC is a build being most that buy one do mods to the airframe.

That is my opinion anyway.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

We will get there. There is definitely a difference between build and an assembly. Glad to see some progress.

Rich M. likes this.
  4. kork

kork 70cc twin V2

As promised, My bearcat I was building this winter. Maiden flight a week ago.
    Fly's absolutely solid and lands even easier. I call it my gentle giant with an attitude!
    Ziroli Bearcat
    DA 100
    Hitec servos,
    Powersafe receiver with taildragger 123
    PSP fuel tank
    Robart retracts and 8 spoke treads
    Callie graphics

[​IMG]

5. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey @kork

Your BIG Bearcat Looks AWESOME. . . . . :yesss:. Looks like it flew like a Pussycat.:big_yes:

David

Jetpainter likes this.
  6. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Very nice!