• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale NAT's 2016 anybody?

Larry B

70cc twin V2
D3.jpg
The 2016 scale NAT's are quickly approaching, they will be happening June 24, 25 & 26th. This year should be a good one as the event has a new CD and he is having the event on the grass field at the back of the AMA complex instead of the usual paved runway.
Hope to see you there,
Larry B

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 83386 The 2016 scale NAT's are quickly approaching, they will be happening June 24, 25 & 26th. This year should be a good one as the event has a new CD and he is having the event on the grass field at the back of the AMA complex instead of the usual paved runway.
Hope to see you there,
Larry B
Very cool airplane Larry, can you tell us something about it?

I went to the Scale Masters when it was in St. Louis many, many years ago. The weather was lousy, but there were some awesome airplanes!

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Thank you Jetpainter, the model is a 1/4 scale Fiat CR-32 scratch built from my own plans, it is a good flying model that I have been flying for just over 2 years now. Last year I was able to place 4th at Top Gun flying in the Masters Class which made me pretty happy.
it is all traditional wood construction covered in Solartex and painted in Klass Kote. The cowling & wheel pants are glass made from my own molds.

My wife Brenda has a Kindle which will take photos, tomorrow we will experiment and see if we can post a picture taken with the Kindle to this site. If we can figure this out maybe we can post some pictures at the NAT's and try to give you guys a look at the action. Stay tuned for the test run of the Kindle!
Larry B

Larry B

70cc twin V2
This morning the wife and I were out at the field getting one last practice session in before the NAT's. She was playing around with her Kindle taking photo's to see how it works out. We will try and get a bunch of pictures for Giant Scale News and post them.
All I did was take-offs & landings just to get "back in the saddle" when it comes to flying the 109E, like any 109 model it requires that you be on your toes when taking off & landing.
Larry B

Q2.jpg

Last edited:

Larry B

70cc twin V2
It was a full day today at the field, and it was just a practice flying and static judging day! I'll post a bunch of photos for you in no particular order, everything from the registration to static judging with both the R/C & control line scale guys.
Tomorrow we fly the first two rounds of actual competition.
Mike Barbee had a fantastic pizza dinner at the field this evening for everybody, all day long we had beautiful weather and it's forecast to be even better tomorrow with a light wind right down the runway.
The AMA crew did a fantastic job in getting the flying site ready for us, I think they mowed it 3 times Thursday in preparation for the scale event. The runway was like a putting green with both ends being just a bit taller grass, so if you ran long on your landing there was not even a bump, a truly beautiful flying site.

a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg a6.jpg a5.jpg a7.jpg a8.jpg a9.jpg b1.jpg b2.jpg

Last edited: