• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servos, Servos, Servos ... Which Ones Do you Like and Why.

AKfreak

150cc
Hi Guys I want to talk about Servos and hear your thoughts.

I fly all sorts of planes. I fly Indoor F3P (milled depron stuff) and use Diamond 47 and Futaba S3154 and Hitech HS-35HD (for nano stuff). Believe it or not I love the little Solar Digi's from Nitro planes/Hobbie Partz. I fly foamies (Twisted Hobbies Extra Slick my fav) and use Hitech HS5045HB's . For my 46" Goldberg Lazer 200 I use the HS-65-HB's and in my Showtime I use Spektrum DS-821's on everything and the rudder has a HiTech HS-5565HM. I also have some Savox servos (extreme resolution) and really like them but I use them on a CF gimbal for my Hex Rotor..

Servos servos servos. I have tried a lot of different ones, and when they work it's great, if they don't then its not so great.. I don't care what name is on something, I just want somthing for a good price that performs well. What are the servos you like and why?

I am in the middle of collecting parts for my 75.5" Extra 300 and the plane will be close to 11 lbs AUW what are some strong fast servos that might be good for this plane? Since it will be mainly a 3D plane does this make a huge difference? The throws will be maxed out, and I will be using long servo arms. Is there an inexpensive offerings that I should be considering (Like a Solar D771), or should I just get Hi-Tech and be done with it.

I tried a few Power HD servos and was not impressed very much. But I did like the Solar's, and might give them a shot in this build, I just dint know.

If you were me what servos would you be buying and why?

Thanks for your time, AKf