• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show us your custom color schemes

Looking to see everyone's custom color schemes. Not interested in any arfs or stock scheme's covered in graphics. Lets see those original schemes that you've put so much effort and pride in. It may inspire others to recover there arfs.
I'll start with my latest, a PAU extra 300. a couple of small mods and total recover.
_DSC3700.JPG

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Another PAU model, this one is their 50cc Edge 540T, I chopped off 14" from each aileron, made the trailing edges nice and sharp, re-hinged all the surfaces getting rid of the bevel gap, put in a DLE 60cc twin that required blisters on the cowling and a chin scoop, and the last big change was the re-cover. All the Red Bull graphics and lettering are hand cut, the only stickies are my name and the Edge 540T on the canopy hatch.

F8.jpg
F7.jpg
F1.jpg

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Here's a recover I did about a year ago. It was an old slimmer I converted to electric. So the old slimy covering had to go. Wanted something that really popped and would be easy to see. I don't have a pic handy of the completed plane but you get the idea.
image.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
Here are mine, couple of them have my take on a scheme done before or a scale scheme but they were all done by me. All of my planes these pictures are covered with MonoKote. My next 2 projects will be fabric and dope, copying schemes that were scale or done by my gampa.

30.jpg

My PAU/BME 37% Ultimate Bipe, I pulled all the covering off of this one right out of the box and recovered it in my own scheme with Jet White, Orange, Metallic Blue and Silver.

486417_417683061602171_660713634_n.jpg

43% J Tec Edge 540 I recovered. The plan was to look like my Ultimate, but I never flew the Edge as it was just to weak and flimsy for me.

Db85760.jpg

The Carl Goldberg Sukhoi I built in 2007. ST 2300 for power covered in Jet White, Missile Red, Metallic Blue and Black pen stripes. Yes the Pen stripes where cut from mono. Still have this airplane, waiting to one day get a DLE 30.

13051545_999566900080448_3669685744517912913_n.jpg

Bob Trueworthy 35% Pitts M-12. Scale scheme in Jet White, Missile Red and Black pen stripes. The bottom of the bottom wing and horizontal tail have individually cut checker boards. Pen stripes on the cowl and wheel pants where painted on.

Yd81666.jpg

I copied this scheme for my 81" Lanier Cap 232 but used Jet White, Yellow, Metallic Blue and Silver. I added Blue checker boards to the bottom of the wing and horizontal in the white center.

7.jpg

My grampa's 25% Krier Kraft covered in Sig Koverall and doped. Built back in the early '80s, I am in the process of copying him. Here's the build thread: http://www.giantscalenews.com/threads/25-krier-kraft-build-a-tribute-to-grampa.8443/

3.jpg

Grampa's 1/4 scale Hot Kanary, again covered with Sig Koverall and dope. Copying this will be my next build project once the Krier is finished. Building it for my Dad.

Here is my Wild Hare Edge 540T. My original scheme was the red one but it suffered a small incident and required replacement. I like the scheme so much that I decided to do it in Metallic blue and white on the second airframe. Still flying this today. It has been a great airframe through the years.

mar.09 052.jpg
091511163057.jpg