• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Solo at Joe Nall

This will be my second trip and I can't wait. I was wondering if anyone would give me a few pointers on being a good spotter. Since I am traveling alone I always have to ask for a spotter. I would like to return the favor. But I am nervous I am going to talk to much or not enough. I do not want to cause a crash.

Thanks

Adam Mohr

emtp275

100cc
Arrive Sunday for the week, ill spot ya, normally just keep an eye out and if there is a chance that things could go bad let them know, if your pilot calls landing make sure there's no one that missed it, basicly if you see something comming that would make you nervous tell them, I'd rather you say to much than not enough if you get my drift.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
This will be my second trip and I can't wait. I was wondering if anyone would give me a few pointers on being a good spotter. Since I am traveling alone I always have to ask for a spotter. I would like to return the favor. But I am nervous I am going to talk to much or not enough. I do not want to cause a crash.

Thanks

Adam Mohr
Adam, I'll be there Sat. - Sat., where are you flying from? Main line, E line, 3D line? @emtp275 and I will be on Main line probably Sun. threw Tue. Donnie/ChickenBalls emtp275/Justin

For me, I like hearing where each airplane is at. It is never Extra, Edge, Yak etc...... Always "Airplane" left side inbound, airplane high center descending, airplanes low center. You smell what I'm stepping in??

Only a few folks I trust to spot for me. GreenE is one, Kitman is my primary spotter, Silvanskii is another, John Dussia is another excellent spotter. Anyone with a 3D Farm shirt is awesome. Everyone helps everyone down there.

3D line has 4 pilot stations. Not real crazy, but get some of those whipper snappers on the flight line that like to do nothing but rifle rollers the entire flight, up and down the line, it could get hectic.

Enjoy your trip!