• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Some assistance needed, 40% Yak 54

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I picked this airframe up last night and though it's in real good shape, there are some areas of the covering that needs attention. I want to do a complete re-cover as I did my 260, however have no clues what the colors are. I can tell you it's a Pilot 40% 129" Yak 54. I can also say I'm pretty sure it's at least a couple of years old.

I'm looking for some insight from some of you guys that have been around the Giant Scale longer than I. Maybe someone has a link, a manual or personal information on colors? I do know Tony uses nothing but Ultracote. Help me out, please???;) Thanks everyone.
20150822_130346.jpg
20150822_131004.jpg
20151008_064418.jpg

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Gosh, I like it the way it is, ha !! That's a nice plane & I know you'll make it better but I'm never any good with color schemes !!
Just wanted to say it looks great to me !! What engine is in it ?
Thanks, John

Spats

100cc
I believe these are the colors. I am not 100% sure as that's a custom scheme. You will have to cross reference the numbers with the colors here http://www.hangar-9.com/Ultracote/
HANU883
HANU872
HANU874
HANU881
I have the same plane and let me tell you, you are going to love it! It floats at a very slow speed. It likes to be just a hair tail heavy for 3D.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Gosh, I like it the way it is, ha !! That's a nice plane & I know you'll make it better but I'm never any good with color schemes !!
Just wanted to say it looks great to me !! What engine is in it ?
Thanks, John
Thank you...I want to keep it the same scheme. Kind of eye popping. I'm probably putting a 3w 210 TSCS on it.

You might be able to contact Tony and ask what the colors are, I'm certain he would know.
I actually talked to Tony just moments ago. Turns out it is not a Pilot. He informed me it is an SD. All the better for me. Now my SD 260 has big brother for company. :banana-dance:
Black, red and yellow. Any more questions, I'll be back after a word from our sponsors.
I'd have not expected anything less from you Chris. Lmao.
I believe these are the colors. I am not 100% sure as that's a custom scheme. You will have to cross reference the numbers with the colors here http://www.hangar-9.com/Ultracote/
HANU883
HANU872
HANU874
HANU881
I have the same plane and let me tell you, you are going to love it! It floats at a very slow speed. It likes to be just a hair tail heavy for 3D.
Thanks Randy. I'll definitely look at those colors. I've seen the videos of yours. Hence, the reason I bought this one. Just had to have one.:brian-banana:

Spats

100cc
Thank you...I want to keep it the same scheme. Kind of eye popping. I'm probably putting a 3w 210 TSCS on it.

I actually talked to Tony just moments ago. Turns out it is not a Pilot. He informed me it is an SD. All the better for me. Now my SD 260 has big brother for company. :banana-dance:

I'd have not expected anything less from you Chris. Lmao.

Thanks Randy. I'll definitely look at those colors. I've seen the videos of yours. Hence, the reason I bought this one. Just had to have one.:brian-banana:

My friend had the SD model up until a couple weeks ago. It actually flew a bit better than mine I thought so you may be better off:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My friend had the SD model up until a couple weeks ago. It actually flew a bit better than mine I thought so you may be better off:)
What did your friend have in it for power plant? I've heard of some with the 170cs, which this originally had in it. Some with both the DLE 222 and 3dub 220 quads. All have been great. Certainly the 210 TSCS will be equally good???

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
What did your friend have in it for power plant? I've heard of some with the 170cs, which this originally had in it. Some with both the DLE 222 and 3dub 220 quads. All have been great. Certainly the 210 TSCS will be equally good???

If I were to do a 40cent + I would love to see a ZDZ 250 in it. But that would mean I would have to sell off way more YS's than I own.:(
I am fascinated with this engine.......
zdz-250b2-j.jpg