• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

**sticky** Walbro service and tuning manual

njswede

150cc
While looking for something completely different, I stumbled across this service and tuning manual from Walbro. It's an awesome source of information including the theory of operation, cleaning and overhaul, troubleshooting and tuning of Walbro carbs. Since DLE carbs are virtually identical to Walbro, this seems very applicable to DLE as well. You guys probably know all this already, but I found it extremely useful!

http://www.walbro.com/media/21936/SERVICEMANUAL.pdf

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i had a chance to read it today, it's nice to know if you've got the light brown diaphragm pump membrane you're good to use gasoline with ethanol.
lots of other good stuff about how the engines/carbs work. in the end though, if you're having carb problems it'll probably be cheaper to throw a new one on than to spend a lot of time trying to service the many things that could be going wrong.
i say that but i'll have a hard time not taking one apart when i think it's causing problems. gotta see what's in there now that we have a little guidance to help things along.