Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rave Stripping paint

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by acerc, Apr 8, 2018.

1. I use to use a product called Bix, it worked pretty good although it took a few coats to work it through the layers. I ran out yesterday so I logged on to see who carried it locally and could not find any.
    But I did find one called Aircraft paint remover. Knowing how much most things today don't really work because of EPA and the such I had my doubts.
    Started brushing some on the cowl I'm redoing, got a coat over a small area, started over to freshen it up, and to my surprised delight the brush was pulling the paint. So I quickly brushed the entire cowl down and ran it to the faucet for a rinse. It all came off, a little film from rubbing during the rinse was all that was left. I grabbed a rag, put some remover on it, wiped it down while rinsing and it is clean as a whistle.
    If anyone need's to strip some paint, I definitely recommend this stuff. But do use it outside or wear a respirator and some good rubber gloves as it is very caustic.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike and Snoopy1 like this.
  2. That stuff works great. I use to use it on bicycle parts back in the day.

3. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I've used CitriStrip with great success.

4. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

You mean you don't just throw it in the fire? :laughing:

5. Not when a new one from Germany cost $400 bucks shipped!!