Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion subtrim for pattern plane

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by mazjag, Jan 14, 2013.

1. mazjag

mazjag 50cc

Guys, I`m putting together a 62 Osiris for sportsman pattern flying..I do understand sub-trim for the most part but here is my problem..I`m using the hi-tec servos with the blue servo horn ...I know you want to get these things 90 degrees with no sub-trim, but that is not gonna happen..Does it matter as much on a pattern plane as you are not gonna use all the throw in the servo anyways? I`m using 50% for my low rate so it seems it doesn`t matter if I don`t get full movment as I`m not using it...any input? thx..Jason

2. rcbirk21

rcbirk21 70cc twin V2

the biggest deal is making sure you get the same throw in both directions on all surfaces along with them all being centered at middle stick

3. mazjag do you have the Osiris?

on my rudder i had a hard time with getting it perpendicular to the wing tube/elevator hinge line. the hitecs have a even amount on the splines (24 on the 65mg if i remember right) so i reversed the rudder arm and got it perfect.

i had to do that on my buck 50 not the Osiris

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  4. mazjag

mazjag 50cc

Yes, I have the Osiris.. My problem is all of the servo horns...all the plastic 4 prongs are too small and the blue aluminum ones don`t align without some sub-trim. Birk, I guess I need an angle meter and set the plane up symmetrical as far as throws?

5. yea, harbor freight has one that Gyro recommended, thats the one ive been using. i have the aeroworks throw meter also but like the harbor freight better.

6. are you using the hitec 65mg?

7. mazjag

mazjag 50cc

no, 5245MG... and what they recommend on the rudder 7985...standard spline I think...

8. you have the 47 or 62?

9. mazjag

mazjag 50cc

the 62....

10. Have you tried swapping the arms between different servos? Might work, might not.