• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion subtrim for pattern plane

mazjag

50cc
Guys, I`m putting together a 62 Osiris for sportsman pattern flying..I do understand sub-trim for the most part but here is my problem..I`m using the hi-tec servos with the blue servo horn ...I know you want to get these things 90 degrees with no sub-trim, but that is not gonna happen..Does it matter as much on a pattern plane as you are not gonna use all the throw in the servo anyways? I`m using 50% for my low rate so it seems it doesn`t matter if I don`t get full movment as I`m not using it...any input? thx..Jason

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
the biggest deal is making sure you get the same throw in both directions on all surfaces along with them all being centered at middle stick

wedoitall

mazjag do you have the Osiris?

on my rudder i had a hard time with getting it perpendicular to the wing tube/elevator hinge line. the hitecs have a even amount on the splines (24 on the 65mg if i remember right) so i reversed the rudder arm and got it perfect.

i had to do that on my buck 50 not the Osiris

Last edited by a moderator:

mazjag

50cc
Yes, I have the Osiris.. My problem is all of the servo horns...all the plastic 4 prongs are too small and the blue aluminum ones don`t align without some sub-trim. Birk, I guess I need an angle meter and set the plane up symmetrical as far as throws?

wedoitall

yea, harbor freight has one that Gyro recommended, thats the one ive been using. i have the aeroworks throw meter also but like the harbor freight better.

quadracer

100cc
Yes, I have the Osiris.. My problem is all of the servo horns...all the plastic 4 prongs are too small and the blue aluminum ones don`t align without some sub-trim. Birk, I guess I need an angle meter and set the plane up symmetrical as far as throws?

Have you tried swapping the arms between different servos? Might work, might not.