• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Brian "Yak Dude" Strachan

Hello Everyone!

For those of you who know me, you know who the "Yak Dude" is, but for those of you who don't here's a little background on me!

I started flying almost 10 years ago with my grandfather when we found an RC plane at a full scale event and decided we wanted to try it. We started off very modestly and went through our ups and downs like all new pilots do. As the years progressed I got into sport flying, and started furthering my skills. From about 2007-2009 I flew club .40 Pylon and enjoyed that. In late 2008 I began flying Pattern and really enjoyed that and became quite involved, following that I began flying IMAC in early 2009. Since that point, my mom and I have put an enormous amount of effort and time into flying and competing and I could not thank her enough! About two years ago I picked up my very first sponsor Aircraft International who has since provided me with 3W engines and other airplane related products. After that last year in October, I was fortunate enough to get with VP Racing fuels and Powermaster and have a fuel sponsor.

I am now competing at the FAI level of F3A Precision Aerobatics and the Intermediate level of IMAC, also becoming more involved with 3D and Freestyle aerobatics.

I am extremely excited to become a part of the 3DRCF team, and I thank all of you in advance for the support!

Also I am now working with Gary making a 3DRCF exclusive "Precision Flight Tutorials" series and I am very excited for what will come with that! So please check it out here! http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?146-Brian-s-Basic-and-IMAC-Flight-Instruction-Forum

Thanks
Brian Strachan

[video=youtube;QvkzGpWPKHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvkzGpWPKHw[/video][video=youtube;sARt3MLSqN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sARt3MLSqN0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Awesome Brian, thanks for the background, and welcome to Team 3DRCF!
Looking forward to helping you out as much as possible and of hearing about your competition experiences :)
-Mike

wedoitall

im also looking forward to your future competitions and of course the precision flight tutorials. Congratulations Brian!

Hello Everyone!

For those of you who know me, you know who the "Yak Dude" is, but for those of you who don't here's a little background on me!

I started flying almost 10 years ago with my grandfather when we found an RC plane at a full scale event and decided we wanted to try it. We started off very modestly and went through our ups and downs like all new pilots do. As the years progressed I got into sport flying, and started furthering my skills. From about 2007-2009 I flew club .40 Pylon and enjoyed that. In late 2008 I began flying Pattern and really enjoyed that and became quite involved, following that I began flying IMAC in early 2009. Since that point, my mom and I have put an enormous amount of effort and time into flying and competing and I could not thank her enough! About two years ago I picked up my very first sponsor Aircraft International who has since provided me with 3W engines and other airplane related products. After that last year in October, I was fortunate enough to get with VP Racing fuels and Powermaster and have a fuel sponsor.

I am now competing at the FAI level of F3A Precision Aerobatics and the Intermediate level of IMAC, also becoming more involved with 3D and Freestyle aerobatics.

I am extremely excited to become a part of the 3DRCF team, and I thank all of you in advance for the support!

Also I am now working with Gary making a 3DRCF exclusive "Precision Flight Tutorials" series and I am very excited for what will come with that! So please check it out here! http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?146-Brian-s-Basic-and-IMAC-Flight-Instruction-Forum

Thanks
Brian Strachan

Congratulations! It's great to be on the team with you!!!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Subd. Got to watch you fly at the Hucktober Austin event this past fall Brian. Good luck with your competition with your skills it should be a fun ride.