• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Joe "Hone" Villavicencio

hone

150cc
Hey everyone!

First of all i just want to thank everyone at 3DRCF for this opportunity and all the support!

My name is Joe Villavicencio but my friends call me Hone, I'm 23 and love RC! I started flying in October of 2011. It all started after going to my local hobby shop to pick up some parts for my RC car. They didn't have what i needed so i grabbed a Hobbyzone Champ instead and was on my way. I was hooked after the first flight and was back at the hobby shop the next week to get another plane.

After a few months flying sport and going through just about every Ultra Micro BNF plane there is i became interested in 3D and picked up a 32'' Sbach from Twisted Hobbys. That plane was the first to hold my attention for more than a week so i knew i found the type of flying i enjoyed and I began spending every free minute i had learning the basics of 3D. Soon i had sold anything that couldn't hover and filled my hangar with 3D planes.

Recently i've become more interested in XA(extreme aerobatics)and IMAC style flying mixed in with the low and slow 3D. This year i plan on trying my hand at some IMAC competitions with my 78'' EF Extra. The first competition i plan to attend will be in Salinas,CA in April. Hopefully i'll also be able to make it to a few events!

See you guys/gals at the field!

Fly LOW!,

Joe Villavicencio

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey everyone!

First of all i just want to thank everyone at 3DRCF for this opportunity and all the support!

My name is Joe Villavicencio but my friends call me Hone. I started flying in October of 2011. It all started after going to my local hobby shop to pick up some parts for my RC car. They didn't have what i needed so i grabbed a Hobbyzone Champ instead and was on my way. I was hooked after the first flight and was back at the hobby shop the next week to get another plane.

After a few months flying sport and going through just about every Ultra Micro BNF plane there is i became interested in 3D and picked up a 32'' Sbach from Twisted Hobbys. That plane was the first to hold my attention for more than a week so i knew i found the type of flying i enjoyed and I began spending every free minute i had learning the basics of 3D. Soon i had sold anything that couldn't hover and filled my hangar with 3D planes.

Recently i've become more interested in XA(extreme aerobatics)and IMAC style flying mixed in with the low and slow 3D. This year i plan on trying my hand at some IMAC competitions with my 78'' EF Extra. The first competition i plan to attend will be in Salinas,CA in April. Hopefully i'll also be able to make it to a few events!

See you guys/gals at the field!

Fly LOW!,

Joe Villavicencio

Hi Joe, welcome to the team. We all are really excited to have some Team 3DRCF representation out on the west coast, and we love being able to support up and comming young pilots! We looking forward to watching your videos with continued amazement, and wish you the best of luck as you begin your IMAC competition aspirations! Some of the other Team guys have some experience there, so I'm sure they'll offer you some pointers!

Again, welcome!

-G

njswede

150cc
This is an awesome addition to the team. I came across Joe and his Youtube videos about a year ago and I've been amazed how quickly he's really, REALLY good! I'm really excited about seeing more of you in the future!

wedoitall

yea Joe is tha man, awesome pilot! I dont think you coulda picked someone better than Joe. I can tell you another thing, he has been extremely helpful on the forums and thru pm's to alot of people.

wedoitall

This is an awesome addition to the team. I came across Joe and his Youtube videos about a year ago and I've been amazed how quickly he's really, REALLY good! I'm really excited about seeing more of you in the future!

since i started flying 3d a few months ago, ive read his blogs and watched his videos and in the back of my mind i kinda put them in a timeline format. He got really good quick. Im trying to guage my timeline to his, im sure i wont be able to keep up tho :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
yea Joe is tha man, awesome pilot! I dont think you coulda picked someone better than Joe. I can tell you another thing, he has been extremely helpful on the forums and thru pm's to alot of people.

+1! Truly a class-act, very helpful, humble, and friendly. Exactly how a Team pilot should be! :pompom: