• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Techone Swift

One thing I didn't see mentioned in the Swift manual is the thrust-line. The ply motor mount on my model is perfectly straight. If your model pulls left on ROG takeoff (and on vertical up-lines) you may want to consider adding some right thrust. When mounting the motor I placed a thin washer under each of the X-mount's left hand tabs to give between 4 ~ 5 degrees of right thrust.

rpstar

30cc
For setup I do pretty much the same as 3DeltaFly. I maximize rudder and elevator on max rates -ie: most throw I can get with a lot of expo 60% plus. Ailerons are often less so set that to preference. Mid rates are maybe 1/2 that and low rates (ie: sport flying rates) are 30-40% of max or less.

rpstar

30cc
Was out flying this model tonight in the perfect evening air we are having lately. This model is incredibly smooth for a foamy. Knife edge is pretty effortless and I've yet to add a mix. Waiting until I decide on the perfect CG before mixing but it's already easy to hold a straight knife edge across the field. Great practice foamy for Imac.

I'm getting some very nice knife edge spins out of it. Do feel I need some more elevator travel though and I noticed the horiz stab wiggling a bit when the evelator is thrown to max so I'll need to stiffen that up for better performance. Still, this foamy is pretty effortless to fly as it has no bad behaviors at all.