• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

The "Enticement" of a Polar Vortex

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
So it's cold here. ....really cold. That being said, all flying occurring here is indoors. I won an f3p plane at my club's fly in this past fall and I decided to build it. Here goes.
Here is a link to the plane.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL1175

It is discontinued but seeing how precision flying helps 3d flying, thought I'd start a conversion on indoor precision.

uploadfromtaptalk1389156841523.jpg

Here you can see there is a low parts count. This build should go quick.

uploadfromtaptalk1389156930540.jpg

The manual is very well written and says that the packaging bags can be used to prevent gluing the model to the table. the first step is to attach the tail section to the main horizontal fuse section. I lined up the center slots with a straight edge and glued using foam safe CA and foam safe kicker.

uploadfromtaptalk1389157126435.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1389157150351.jpg

It is important to keep everything flat during this step.

uploadfromtaptalk1389157210507.jpg

At this point it was time to slide the horizontal fuse through the vertical fuse. This step requires a gentle hand and some patience. It is not an easy task but gently working it into place was successful.

uploadfromtaptalk1389157410377.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1389157435687.jpg

The next step was to glue on the foam sub-firewall and begin gluing the vertical and horizontal fuse sections together. I began at the nose, the firewall was slotted, and worked from there using a right angle and gluing small sections at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Thanks. I'm enjoying it. I wanted to work on it today but in an effort to pry the little one off the video games I introduced her to rock climbing today. Priorities :)