• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Getting used to that 5000ft altitude density here in Tucson. Difficult to transition into when you're so used to 1500ft or less.

Nice flight! I like the snap to KE, you gave me something to work on :epic: Yur getting those camel humps down, I challenge you to wait a hot couple seconds before rotating the wings back to level on the down line. :spongebob:
I'm at Sea Level.... I cannot even imagine 5k ft, heck the top of the mountains near me are 3.5-4k mostly

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm fine with an early exit. Don't have much to prove getting down on the ground anymore :cool:
Just giving to a friendly hard time buddy. You've tangled with the ground a lot with your laser and still came out on top. . . with a repair or two.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Picked up a Night Timber 1.2X the other day. Running Spektrum smart batteries with it for full telemetry. What a trip this thing is, the reverse thrust gets everyone every time. And she flies super rad, totally stable and gets down.

103811766_10224381980924041_3812135689857030306_o.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Flew The Trifecta today!
Electric Float plane in the morning.
Gas 3D plane in the late morning.
Glider in the afternoon!

Other than some one float touch and goes,
Hitting a little bubble of rising air took the hat with the glider. So much fun. Sorry no pic, but I did make some video... later
E0494C3D-06FC-4B04-A153-A220A846C9FC.jpeg
B5AB6DCB-B651-46CA-9897-086105B54B8D.jpeg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Test flew my Flight line B-24 Liberator just after sunset this evening. Also flew my Air Tractor I put a rotating Beacon on the top of the canopy as it was getting dark The lights are enough to fly in the dark I do a lot of night flying, and the guys that were still there liked the rotating beacon LOL
B-24.jpg stobe.jpg