• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Tried to go flying today changed the power packs and went to the field checked the rx pack and it had zero volts I mean absolutely zero. Never seen that before, so went home to figure out what is going on.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Tried to go flying today changed the power packs and went to the field checked the rx pack and it had zero volts I mean absolutely zero. Never seen that before, so went home to figure out what is going on.

Well that's no good. in 2020 I've lost a lot of LiPos... bunch of foamy LiPo's were getting hot... guessing they are building up IR. couple days ago I was charging up a 2S 450mAh and it was starting to puff and get hot.... yikes! Time to retire another.
Sounds to me like your lipo has a bad connection? check the voltage to the main connector, then investigate a bad wire connection. That's frustrating!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well that's no good. in 2020 I've lost a lot of LiPos... bunch of foamy LiPo's were getting hot... guessing they are building up IR. couple days ago I was charging up a 2S 450mAh and it was starting to puff and get hot.... yikes! Time to retire another.
Sounds to me like your lipo has a bad connection? check the voltage to the main connector, then investigate a bad wire connection. That's frustrating!
Took everything out of the plane checked the battery sure enough it was flat and mean flat.o5 volts in one cell and .06 volts in the second never seen that before. Yes in trash and installing a new LiPo .

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Took everything out of the plane checked the battery sure enough it was flat and mean flat.o5 volts in one cell and .06 volts in the second never seen that before. Yes in trash and installing a new LiPo .

What Chemistry/Brand was it? Graphene?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Little warm today but the winds were dead calm. So I loaded up some park flyers for some afternoon shenanigans at the local fairgrounds. They all came home in one piece so it was a great outing.:)

0FEAE00A-3100-4D8B-9E9D-01355BC2C2F7.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well another good day at the field put a bunch of flights on the Timber really starting to get on to it. The new generator worked out well, now I can charge at the field all day long, all the power I need now.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
My older Brother and a few of my Student Pilots bought me this FMS Hawk In appreciation for all the test flying and Instruction I have done with them. I did the test flight with it this morning. The Hawk is a very stable and fast EDF. The recommended throws are a little high after take off I put all three Rates in low. Which were lower than what is in the manual. Every thing went great. I would recommend this EDF even for a first Jet for any intermediate Pilot I put four flights on it this morning after I got it trimmed.

test flight hawk.jpg

Last edited: