• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
My older Brother and a few of my Student Pilots bought me this FMS Hawk In appreciation for all the test flying and Instruction I have done with them. I did the test flight with it this morning. The Hawk is a very stable and fast EDF. The recommended throws are a little high after take off I put all three Rates in low. Which were lower than what is in the manual. Every thing went great. I would recommend this EDF even for a first Jet for any intermediate Pilot I put four flights on it this morning after I got it trimmed.

View attachment 115597
We've got a ton of EDFs at my field. They are a blast to fly. Most of them fly awesome, and are way easier than the old ducted fan days.;)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
We had a rare visit from my buddy Tony's big Sukhoi this Sunday. It's 9 years old and still looks and flies awesome. I didn't get to fly it this time unfortunately. :(

20200830_094611_resized.jpg

I don't think I've shared any finished at the field pictures of the Ultimate I did for him last year so here are a few. I maidened it for him so he could blame me if something went wrong. :yesss: But everything went great! The best running DA120 that either of us own and that is by far the best airplane I've ever flown for knife edge and rolling maneuvers.

He added a little surprise for me on the decals on the rudder.

20200524_095250.jpg
20200524_095008.jpg
20200524_094958.jpg
20200524_0952502.jpg

WMcNabb

150cc
We had a rare visit from my buddy Tony's big Sukhoi this Sunday. It's 9 years old and still looks and flies awesome. I didn't get to fly it this time unfortunately. :(

View attachment 115628

I don't think I've shared any finished at the field pictures of the Ultimate I did for him last year so here are a few. I maidened it for him so he could blame me if something went wrong. :yesss: But everything went great! The best running DA120 that either of us own and that is by far the best airplane I've ever flown for knife edge and rolling maneuvers.

He added a little surprise for me on the decals on the rudder.

View attachment 115629 View attachment 115630 View attachment 115631 View attachment 115632

THAT ULTIMATE IS GORGEOUS!!!

Sukhoi is not bad either! :dancing-chicken:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Went flying yesterday and took my 62" 3D Hobbies Osiris. I bought this from a friend at the club a few weeks ago and it's a great flying airplane. He had told me it flew great in the wind and yesterday I found out he was right. It makes me remember why I love pattern airplanes so much.

20200803_092308.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Went flying yesterday, and the last couple days.
Met a new member that had the whole FPV setup on a little pusher glider. Pelican box with a screen, antennas, the whole works... goggles and all. Pretty neat stuff, I’ll never get into it, but cool to see.

yesterday I flew an old favorite eflite foam P51. They did a great job on this little beauty. It flies great, flaps, retracts, and no bad tendencies. Dusting it off to hand it over to a club member who likes it even more than I do. We’re both getting rid of models and switching up our fleet.
D4B0FF18-9DA7-4254-9F11-87B539F42E80.jpeg

Same guy had bought my 60” extra and brought it to the field... the ailerons were flippin out in a specific location and sounded not too good. Wierd. I flew it fine with my Futaba gear, but for some reason spectrum it acts all goofy. It’s an older Savox 1260 and running 8V.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
92F410C8-0E84-45C4-B15C-8D0117D4857B.jpeg 1234D91A-8F84-48EA-8D55-DC22F4457D9E.jpeg

Well this is going to be interesting. Never hiked up a mountain with a glider... the Alula Trek is meant to break down and be adventurous, so here we go. Me, Wife, Dog, Baby, and glider are about to hike 3.5 hours up a mountain and I’m going to chuck this thing off it and wish for the best.

wish me luck

oh it’s 2,900 feet ASL with an amazing vista, so go pro is coming too.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
We flew all day with many people. Some of my Students , let a few of their kids fly one of my Aero Scotts I take with when I am out Instructing,Test Flew a few planes for people among them, a, Flight line, P-38 lightning FMS Corsair, Slow stick Trike, E-Flite F-16 70 mm and this E-Flite 1.5 m Cirrus R22T. The Cirrus I flew almost an hour after Sun Set for a friend of mine we also had fun playing with a Timber X night flyer after we got the test flight done and in the books on his Cirrus. I was surprised to see the light in the cockpit on one low slow fly by just before the landing. So just after We landing I just had to get a photo. LOL!!!! The Cirrus has just enough lighting for me to fly in the dark with out any additional lighting. P. S. I do a lot of night flying.
Cirrus.jpg
Ccab.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Got up to the top. Ooofffff I am sore fellas. 3k elevation with an 11m baby, my wife and our good friend. Not a maintained trail and lots of mud, roots, and water.

winds were pretty light up at the summit. But a steady enough breeze to slope on the alpine hills. Very neat, had two or three flights that I gained altitude with, had to throw hard and far to find it.
D261D2D3-4F2E-4664-97E3-9D58D2D8F709.jpeg
9598E165-366E-489C-953E-15D0149DEED9.jpeg

man I love this shot my wife took of our little girl enjoying watching the glider next to me. It was her first mountain peak! She went up great too!!
C7EB3821-6D49-4598-8693-940305D2AB14.jpeg