Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread 2020

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by AKNick, Jan 18, 2020.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

That's in Tennessee? We had sleet and some snow but just a hint.

2. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Nothing like our friends further north, but very unusual for us.

3. AKNick

AKNick 640cc Uber Pimp

Alaska
    Oooffff February here usually means cold and clear... Been in the single digits (3-18F) the last 24hrs, bit of a breeze this morning. We got 12" of snow last week as well. Old man winter is here to stay.

4. Wild man

Wild man 70cc twin V2

I have been out flying in the Sub 0 temps for the past 3 days here in S.D. I do not stray to much further then my Front porch though. I take this one Out, Take off from the side walk fly over Walgreens and the Church across the Street for about 3 or 4 minutes land and go right back in to the house and warm up LOL!!!! I am worse then a Drug addict I have to fly at least every other day:way_to_go:

TT2.jpg TT1.jpg

WMcNabb, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    You are tough, in my younger days it did not matter how cold and or windy I would fly but to not so much today. I will fly when it is zero but only if there is no wind at all, with my little electric plane.

6. Wild man

Wild man 70cc twin V2

I'm 67 now and still fly no matter what the weather I went out with this Plane just after lunch With my 2.1 Cessna 150 on floats. For got to take my phone, my Wallet, and my GO-Pro to get a hat cam video. But I did remember every thing I needed to fly LOL!!!!

S150.jpg

7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

3841ED6E-BB16-454C-A7AD-4817D99079D9.jpeg Took the UMX timber for a float fly during my lunch break yesterday. Good times where had but I found that as good as this plane flys in the wind, when it has floats on it, it sucks in the wind.

8. Very cool brother.

9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Sorry no pictures but just spent 5 hours at the field and had a great time. Two new members which is great which helps the club so all is good.

AKNick and pawnshopmike like this.