• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

Wild man

70cc twin V2
The Weather here in SD nice one day cold and windy the next. I was over in Newcastle Wyo. Monday flying with some guys there then back in Rapid City yesterday and to day Instructing new students. Went out to day. Light winds and overcast and cold back in the 30's. Made it a War Bird day E-Flite 1.2 m Spitfire, 1.5 m AT-6 Texan and PT-17. I did manage to get one hat cam video I need to upload later.
AT-6.jpg Old Yeller.jpg Eng.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Too funny, well done.
A very good friend, and one of the best RC Chopper Pilot's here in SD sent that to me. At first I thought it was something serious and some one had a plane stolen around here. I about fell out of my chair laughing when I hit the link and started to watch, those guys did a great job editing the video. They get two thumbs up from me. Very, Very hilarious

Wild man

70cc twin V2
We have just Chartered another AMA Club here in the Black Hills ( Black Hills Aeromodelers ) We are just South of Rapid City 4 miles and out in the middle of some property owned by a very good friend of mine that has a Construction Company, We do not have to pay any lease money. As a retired Cat Field Tech I agreed to do repairs and welding on his machinery Off and on at a very reduced price for my work When needed occasionally. There is a nice sized Damn for float flying, a Slope off to the East where we can go Slope Soaring and, more than a square mile of wide open space to fly over. No trees, no objects to worry about while flying.
BH1.jpg FL1.jpg PL1.jpg SL1.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
On the way home from Newcastle Wyo. flying with the guys over there. I stopped at the Crazy Horse Monument, and really thought hard about making a flight over next to it flying my PT-17 with my Go Pro on it, But decided against doing so the Elevation at the monument is just over 6,300 ft MSL In the one photo you can see my float tape LOL!!!! The Newcastle FBO will let me fly my EDF jets off the runway, as long as we notify him of Our intentions. I have a hand held trans so he can let us know of incoming Air traffic, but this time of the year they only have maybe 3 or 4 planes land there a week. How cool is that?
RD1.jpg Crazy1.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
last night and this morning we got another 5" of the white stuff. So I Cleaned the porch with my leave blower and went over to the Church parking lot and flew my UMX Turbo Timber until the snow removal guys showed up and ruined my morning of flying in the cold temp. 20 degrees
SB.jpg Church.jpg TT1.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I can’t believe it. I just went flying... fun, 30min of flight time logged. Flew the 73” laser. I could have rammed shopping carts at the store like a Viking.... but this has renewed my soul. My thumbs have stopped quivering from RC winter non flying detox. Tomorrow may even be another fun day... and longer! It’s about 40F, Sun shining, tiny breeze.
DDA29846-54F0-4128-8AAC-8D93D8E6DE49.jpeg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Awesome plane AKNick. You are having nicer weather then we are. Here is one that I am going Flying with tomorrow.I have been flying this one strictly off snow I did not care for the springy aluminum gear it came with. So I ordered the floats and painted them to match the Plane.
Airbud.jpg