• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The last straw from FG forums!

Hey guys, glad to be invited to the next generation RC forums! Thanks Tim!

The final blow for me from the FG forums was just the other day.. SupaTim sent out PM's to some folks and myself to mention this new site, and our Private Messages were MODERATED!!!! I mean, that is some BULL shiznet! They actually removed the URL he posted to this site! It was just a simple mentioning of this site, and to come join the community more or less! Wow, I think that shows they feel threatened, huh?

SleepyC, you have our full support brotha! I hope you and your family are well, and whatever journey or road you take from here is a successful one! Anything we can do to support that, count me in!

I would be most likely known from FG as Shimano.. not sure where that name came from really, but when I wanted it changed, they ignored my request. Hell, even RCU forum honored my request to change my forum name without any problem!

So anyways, thanks again Tim for the invite! I will be sure to spread the word~! I am sure we can make this place much more welcoming than how the 'other' place ended up!

So here's to a great new community, the Giant Scale News family! *hic*

SleepyC

150cc
Welcome!

Yea, the past is the past, I've moved on and am looking forward to having fun with friends again!

I was committed before, but NOW.. MAN.. IT's ON!

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
I doubt they moderated your PM's, they probably just put this site in their language filter.

RCU did it years ago to FG after some feud with Graham

Well yeah, I know what you are saying. Im sure it was not a manual moderation more than a filter of some sort, but the fact remains that its not right! (in my opinion)

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Step back and think about it for a second.

These forums are revenue generating businesses. Forums compete with each other for advertising dollars, review material, prizes etc right? Manufactures have limited advertising budgets, forum stats are driven by number of users, number of hits etc.

So if you owned a __________ business, would you let the _________ down the street put a sign in your lobby or front window pointing to their shop (the competition)? Of course you wouldn't.

Im sure if this was strictly about the free exchange of information (an occasional link to a thread here that already got answered) they wouldn't have much heart burn over it.

But.....between the personal history of the parties involved, and the reaction of folks about Stephen, well.....if your neighbors dog keeps crapping in your yard are you going to run around all day with a pooper scooper or just put up a fence?

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
LOL yea I know the good ole boys have........um.........more creative ways of dealing with that...........but you get the idea :)

SleepyC

150cc
BarracudaHockey;2378 wrote: .if your neighbors dog keeps crapping in your yard are you going to run around all day with a pooper scooper or just put up a fence?

That was awesome. HAHAHA

Mikeq

150cc
Glad you made it JR...I was hoping you and many others I enjoyed conversing with would make it...JB and his cronies are doing better than expected job of keeping this site from being disseminated over there..

Thanks, I am honored to be thought enough of to have been invited!

Dont get me wrong, I understand what Barracuda was saying, and I agree. I wasnt really meaning to jsut talk smack really, but still, my point is that I do not feel they should include Private messages in with their moderating, even being code based or word filters that are the culprit. I know that it was not a manual moderation by a person, but a filter coded in or set up that edited the URL of this site out. I have built and ran many forums myself over the years, and am no stranger to how things work.

Anyways, its pretty pointless to discuss it much further, and even more pointless to try to understand it. They want to kill the site and migrate people to RCG.. thats clear, but I think they will only get one of those two tasks done ;)

Great to be here, and I will do my best to help keep this community peaceful, respectful and helpful!

-JR